Gem vs Gem vs Gem vs Gem

Queen.

Gem had never been queen before.

Not in Hermitcraft. Not in Season 1.

But now, she had stolen the crown from Scott, without having to bring out the Geminislay side of her. She preferred to keep that persona in Hermitcraft.

Now, she needed to come up with a rule.

What rule could she do?

Something to do with bees.

Last episode I decided magic was illegal in Dawn, she remembered. I could spread that to the other empires.

No, because I'd lose several alliances if I did that, she reasoned. I'll do something with bees. I like bees.

Gem continued to think. Rules along the lines of bees...

Why did I ban magic, anyway?

Gem sighed. "Be quiet, Wizard Gem, this is the right thing to do."

When did we ever give an annoying cinnamon roll princess control?

"Geminislay, that's enough. You get plenty of time in control in Hermitcraft. It's the Sun Princess' turn right now."

Yeah, she does, but I don't!

Gem shook her head at her other personas. Wizard Gem had had her chance. And look what had come out of magic: a world destroyed, demons, destruction, and yes, a happy ending, but a lot of loss before that.

"Magic is bad," she reminded Wizard Gem.

Wizard Gem was getting angry. Sun Princess Gem should probably stop arguing. "Agree to disagree?"

Usually Wizard Gem was reasonable. Wizard Gem liked peace as much as Sun Princess Gem did.

Rebellion, Geminislay suggested. Resist the queen!

Gem groaned. "Was one rebellion not enough! Stop telling me to start a rebellion!"

I'm not telling you to start a rebellion, I'm telling Wizard Gem to start a rebellion, Geminislay said.

Gem rolled her eyes.

Wizard Gem was a bit angry. That was out of character, but she was in the same body as Geminislay. That was bound to make bad things happen.

Can I have a turn? Wizard Gem asked politely.

Gem sighed. "You got your chance in Season 1. I was only created in Season 2. If anyone should be getting a chance, it's me."

Please? I'm so bored!

"No!"

A blast of purple magic escaped Gem's hands and made a burnt spot in the wall of her starter house.

Gem stepped backwards in horror. "No," she said. "Gem, no."

Well, Wizard Gem murmured. I'm bored.

"You're not in charge anymore!" Gem screamed as another violet fireball rushed out of her as if overjoyed to be free. Gem's long, flowing pink dress flickered to a short green one with a purple cloak over it.

We used to love magic! Wizard Gem shot back. What happened?

"Xornoth happened!" Gem yelled. "The end of the world happened!"

It hurt. Keeping control for the Sun Princess hurt. And not just mentally - it was physical pain, too, like fire in her veins with nowhere for the smoke to escape, so it clogged her lungs, making it hard to breathe-

Stop, you're killing us! Sun Princess Gem pleaded.

Gem didn't know who she was anymore. She was still wearing pink - but it was a blouse instead of a dress. She was wearing denim overalls over it, and a purple cloak over that, and her ears were pointed - like an elf. And then it changed, and she was fully Sun Princess Gem, and then Wizard Gem, and then Geminislay, and then her normal self, and then back to all four. There was no way to tell who was in control. She was a little bit of all of them.

It wasn't just Wizard Gem fighting anymore. Yes, there was still magic escaping her. But she was also glowing, as Sun Princess Gem's true form of a celestial being came to the surface. Her hands were twitching for a sword that wasn't there.

Gem didn't know when she had fallen down, but she curled into a ball. It wouldn't protect her from herself.

Gem's normal form - the one she used for Skyblock - was trying to reason with the others. But there was no reasoning with Wizard Gem. Wizard Gem apparently had given in to Sausage and fWhip's philosophy of "peace is boring."

Just a little bit, Wizard Gem demanded. Not a long time. Just a little bit. Joel let Mezalean King Joel come back and take over from God Joel. Why is this different?

Gem didn't answer. She couldn't.

It felt like Wizard Gem had Sun Princess Gem trapped in a tower, like the old fairy tales. And Geminislay was fighting the wizard, except not to save the princess, but to gain control for herself.

"Gem?"

Three of the four forms let out a collective gasp and withdrew, leaving Sun Princess Gem back in control. Even they knew the importance of staying in character.

Gem looked up into the concerned face of Sausage. Wizard Gem warned her, he was possessed, he was evil, stay away. But Sun Princess Gem reminded Wizard Gem that he was the Protector of Sanctuary. He was good.

Gem took in a shaky breath. The worst of the pain was gone, but she still ached from the effects.

"I'm fine," she said before Sausage could say anything.

Sausage tilted his head in confusion. "You were laying on the ground in fetal position, glowing, shooting magic everywhere, which you've mentioned you don't like, and not even mentioning your clothes were... teleporting away and then reappearing!"

"The way you put that, it sounds not PG," Gem muttered. "They were replaced. They didn't teleport away."

Sausage giggled. "My point is that those are not things that would happen to a fine person!"

Gem shook her head. "Just other personas getting annoying is all. I'm fine. I really am."

Sausage raised his eyebrows and extended a hand to help her up. "I was here to find out what I need to do for your rule," he said. "But you need to see Shelby! She helps me a lot with the lore stuff with her lore potions!"

Gem immediately shook her head. "No, I couldn't let you take me- I'm fine, you have it way worse than I do. At least my past personas don't give me visions at the worst times..."

"But you need help," Sausage insisted.

If Wizard Gem was in control, Gem would be bouncing around in excitement at being able to see the witch. But Sun Princess Gem wasn't excited. "No," she repeated. "I don't want to. I don't like magic, remember? I'm okay now."

Sausage frowned. "Okay..."

Then he clapped his hands and rubbed them together, his concern instantly turning to the excitable Sausage that Gem knew. "So what's the rule?"

One day, Gem told her wizard persona. When Sausage leaves, you get one day in charge.

Wizard Gem seemed to be okay with that, so Gem took a deep breath. "Bees," she said, leading Sausage over to her windmill and opening a chest. "Take a beehive and some sunflowers..."