A THING BECAUSE IM IMPATIENT

Sausage's day would have gone better if not for the people coming out of the Rift, Bubbles running into the Rift, and of course, the visions getting even worse.

It started the day after the festival. Sausage brought Bubbles out to the site so they could clean up the litter that everyone had left behind.

"Is the Rift even bigger?" Sausage asked as they were cleaning up popcorn in the stands near said Rift.

Bubbles barked. I think so.

Sausage sighed. This was getting out of hand. And being near the Rift didn't particularly make Sausage feel good. He felt like it would trigger a vision.

And then the Rift, the stands, even Bubbles were gone in the all too familiar vwoopp sound.

No. Please, no.

Sausage squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the inevitable.

Just thinking about visions had triggered one. How much worse was it going to get?

Bork!

Sausage opened one eye and saw his dog in front of him. She at least was a source of comfort in all this.

"Bubbles," he said, relieved. "Where am I?"

Bubbles barked. She had a pink collar. All of the ones Sausage saw in his visions had different collars.

He looked around. Wheat fields and sunflower gardens stretched to the horizon. A giant beanstalk reached for the sky. There were a few farmhouses, not many.

Sausage looked at his hands and clothes and sighed. He was back in this world, the one with all the red. Except it was an area of it that he hadn't seen before. This was nicer. Less dark. Less resembling an evil villain lair.

He had started to realize that there were two main worlds that he went to, with a few exceptions. This one, and another one that had a heavenly, beautiful feel.

Bubbles barked again.

"This does feel familiar," Sausage agreed. "But... I can't remember any of it. I feel like I'd remember this place."

He took a step forward and heard a voice. "Sausage! About time you showed up!"

Sausage whirled around. "Santa Perla...?"

And then he was back by the Rift.

This was his second vision of the goddess. The first was about that arena... and now this.

He let out a confused laugh. "Sorry, Bubbles," he said. "Are you ready to go?"

Bubbles barked in agreement. And Sausage has just turned to get in his boat and go back to Sanctuary when a person fell through the Rift.

"WHOA!"

His first thought was that Gary or Sniff had come back through. He really couldn't tell the difference between animal and human voices.

But when he turned back around to check, it was a human.

"SCAR!" the person yelled. "DON'T PUSH ME!"

"H...hello?" Sausage asked.

The person looked around. "Oh, it didn't crash."

"Hello?" Sausage said, louder.

The person started. "Oh! Um. Hi."

Sausage looked at him curiously. His clothes were weird, rather like Oli's before he got his bard outfit. He was wearing a red sweater and a white collared shirt underneath, and grey pants. His hair was dirty blonde and messy. Sausage thought he needed a haircut.

"Are you okay?" Sausage asked, extending a hand to help the new guy up.

"Uh... yeah. My friend just-" he looked back at the Rift. "I'll be going now." He laughed nervously.

"Okay," Sausage said. "Do you need anything? Any food? And this is Bubbles, she's the best dog in the world, you wanna pet her?"

"No thanks," the new person said, ignoring Sausage's hand and standing up. "I didn't know the Rift led to another world."

"It DOES?" Sausage gasped.

"Uh- no!"

"Did you see a pig and a fox in your world?" Sausage asked.

"No... because there is no world on the other side."

"Then where did you come from?"

"The... other side of the Rift."

Sausage laughed. "If you wanna go, then go ahead and go!"

"Grian?" a voice echoed from the other side of the Rift. "Are you okayyy?"

The person, who Sausage assumed was Grian, jumped. "I'm fine," he said, and then went to go back through. "Thanks," he said to Sausage. "Whoever you are."

Sausage waved cheerfully. "If you ever need anything, I'll be glad to see you in Sanctuary! We help out anyone who washes up on our shores, literally and figuratively! I'm Sausage, the protector of Sanctuary!"

Grian gave him a strange glance. "Thanks... Sausage."

And then he went back into the purple mist of the Rift.

Sausage resisted the urge to go in.

Bubbles barked.

"You're right," Sausage said. "That... was kind of a weird experience."

Bubbles barked and ran forward.

"Bubbles, no!" Sausage yelled. "We're not going in!"

Bubbles barked again. I'm going to see what's on the other side. I'll come right back through when I'm done!

"Bubbles!" Sausage yelled. "Remember Gary and Sniff? You could get lost! Or something! Please don't!"

But the dog was already gone.

Sausage stayed there for a minute.

But Bubbles did not reemerge.

Sausage left.