six

Sayaka stood in front of Augustus' old home, the one Lavinia Black burned to ash. There was nothing left but ash, he along with his entire family, was gone without a trace.

She turned to Narcissa Malfoy, "Why did she do it?"

Narcissa took a deep breath, "I feel I shouldn't–"

"Why did she do it?!" Sayaka asked loudly.

Narcissa went against her better judgment, "If you ask her, she will tell you they took her love."

"Who?"

"His parents." Narcissa answered, "That, however, is not exactly the truth. His parents, Natrix and Hesperia, turned against us. Lavinia was the first to find out, and they battled her. They used Obliviate on her just as she hit their youngest son with a dark curse. Years later after she willingly had herself tortured to get her memory back, she was never the same. She went after his parents, and she murdered them somewhere in Russia. But... she didn't want to stop there."

Narcissa paused and Sayaka slowly walked to her, "What else?"

"She sent Fenrir Greyback on him. She wanted him to suffer before she would..."

"Murder him." Sayaka finished, fighting the tears that were threatening to fall.

Narcissa looked at her worriedly, "They ruined her mind, Sayaka. They say she was already mad before but... that wasn't true. But after that, she became what everyone thought she already was."

Sayaka glanced back at the burned down home, and said nothing as she disapparated back to her home. She heard voices coming from the living room as she appeared in her dark bedroom.

She crept down the grand flight of stairs before she heard her mother, "I know you're there, Sayaka. Come down here."

She mentally groaned and walked to the living room. She found her mother sitting adjacent from Flynn Miabello, Grayson Hemlock, Lavinia Black, and an unknown man.

Seeing that Grayson Hemlock had joined the Death Eaters was not surprising to her, she knew that was coming from miles away. He proudly sported the mark on his forearm as he smoked a cigarette.

"This is Gabriel Hemlock, Grayson's father. I know you've met everyone else here." Morana said.

Gabriel was haunting. Grayson had a charming and sinister look to him, but his father had a look that Sayaka would never be able to burn out of her mind.

He stood up and shook her hand, "I hear you are the lucky one."

"What?"

"You were offered as Voldemort's double. It was almost Grayson..." Gabriel trailed off as he glanced at his son, "But things didn't work out."

He sat back down next to his son, and Sayaka sat on the edge of one of the crimson couches next to Lavinia.

Lavinia was quiet during the conversation, which was rare for her. Sayaka had no idea what they were discussing, but she noticed that there was someone who was quieter than Lavinia. That being Flynn Miabello.

She looked at him from across the room, his blue eyes being lit up by the fireplace near him. He nursed a glass of whiskey as he listened intently to whatever everyone else was talking about.

She decided to peak into his thoughts, but when she did so, she was met with a sharp pain in her head. She winced lightly as Flynn's eyes shot to hers. He gave her a small shake of his head.

Great, he was an Occlumens, and he seemed to be damn good one as well. Sayaka managed to slip away from the conversation, the sun was already down when she did so.

She walked outside into the garden of her home. The garden was just as dark and expensive looking as the inside of her home. All of the plants were dark in color with statues every few feet. Her favorite statue of them all was a man and a woman going in for a kiss as she held a dagger to his back.

She stared at the statue, but quickly turned around at the sound of footsteps. She held her wand to the underside of Flynn's chin, and he even tilted his head back so she could have better access.

He stared her down, not moving an inch as she continued to hold her wand up to him. After a few moments, Sayaka slowly lowered her wand.

"What do you want?"

"A nice walk in the garden." He replied, his accent a mix of Italian and British.

Sayaka gave him a stiff nod, "Go on, then." She said. He said nothing more. Flynn continued his walk down the pathway in before Sayaka called after him, "Why did you join?"

He glanced back at her, but stayed quiet. He disappeared into the trees, leaving Sayaka alone again with her thoughts.