forty-two

Aurora continued to ignore the entire Order, other than a few select people. Those people being Margot and Maxwell. They always seemed to be the ones who showed her the most compassion, and always made the way she felt feel validated.

She spent her time working, rebuilding the Burrow, and spending time with George.

"I think you should at least acknowledge them." George said as he sat on Aurora's bed as she walked out of the bathroom dressed in pijamas.

"No."

"Aurora..."

"No."

He sighed, "There is a bloody war going on, Aurora. There is no time for you to be angry at them like this."

"Who's side are you on?"

"Yours. And to be on your side, sometimes you need a little tough love. You can't let Narcissa get in your head, frankly, it should be you doing that."

There he went, never failing to slip a joke into the most serious situations.

Aurora sat at the edge of the bed with a sigh, "You're right, George. Bloody hell, I don't know how you always seem to see things the way you do."

"I typically think the same about you, and I mean that in a good way."

After their talk, George left her room for over 30 minutes, allowing her some alone time. When he returned, she was lying in her bed sitting up against her headboard reading a book. Aurora didn't miss the sound of her bedroom door locking, but she said nothing as she turned the page of her book.

"Remus and Tonks moved back into their home. Guess he finished some protection charm he was working on for a while." George said, earning a small hum from her, "A-And Althena is on a last minute mission with Mad-Eye."

He laid down next to her, face smushed in the soft pillows as he looked up at her. She paid no mind to him, completely lost in whatever she was reading. George thought she hadn't even noticed him, but Aurora was really just teasing him.

He thought he had to get her attention, so his hand moved under the covers to trace her outer thigh. It moved up under her t-shirt, his hand smoothing over her lower stomach as he leant up to place kisses on her neck.

"George."

"Hm?"

"Are you trying to seduce me?"

He went silent for a few seconds, "... is it working?"

Aurora didn't reply, going back to reading. She wasn't really reading, it was hard to focus when his hand was inching under the hem of her pants and his lips were paying special attention to the sweet spot just under her pulse.

He slowly plucked her book from her hand, throwing it onto the floor.

"George! You could have at least had the decency to put my bookmark in my book before throwing it." Aurora groaned as George yanked her down the bed by her leg. Her head fell against the pillows as he leaned part of his body over hers, his elbows on either side of her body.

She looked up at him wide eyed as he chuckled at her expression, "That's what you get for ignoring me."

"Wasn't ignoring you. It was just a good book."

"You have slightly wounded my manhood after you ignored me even when I told you that I was trying to seduce you." He said, pretending to sound hurt.

She gave a playful scoff, "Oh, I am terribly sorry that I have wounded your manhood, love."

The two broke out into a fit of laughter, George briefly forgetting what he was even trying to do. When their laugher died down, he laid down on her and rested his head in the crook of her neck.