fourty-four

Those two weeks crept up on Aurora quickly. Before she knew it, she was waiting anxiously for the clock to strike 9.

George was fast asleep in her bed, she was thankful he often crashed as soon as he got home from working all day. As soon as 9 hit, Aurora placed a kiss on his forehead and apparated into Diagon Alley.

Althena met her there, wand in hand, gripping it tightly. The two carefully made their way to Borgin and Burkes, sneaking in. Althena stopped Aurora when they watched a group of people walk into a cabinet, a vanishing cabinet.

She caught a glimpse of Bellatrix Lestrange, Lavinia Black, and Fenrir Greyback. She could feel Althena fighting back the urge to attack him. And the last person to go through was Sayaka Van Vries, but the two watched her stop before walking through.

She scanned the room, "I know you're here."

Aurora walked out of hiding, holding her wand up to Sayaka. Althena quickly appeared behind her, "Why did you ask us here." Aurora questioned.

"They're planning to kill Dumbledore tonight. More specifically, they want Draco to do it."

"And you didn't think to ask the entire Order to come?!" Althena snapped.

Sayaka quickly shook her head as she put her wand in the bun of her hair, "They won't be able to talk Draco out of it. Aurora might. And I wanted you two here because... you're the only two willing to kill me. I'm tied to Voldemort and the only way to ensure he doesn't come back when he's killed is to get rid of me."

"You clearly don't know Draco, then. I know this isn't what he wants." Aurora said, "A-And how do you know that Althena and I suggested killing you?"

"My mother. She–"

"She didn't tell you anything." Flynn's voice said from the shadows, "I did." He said, holding up an empty bottle labeled Polyjuice. Althena whirled around to Flynn. He held his hands up lightly in defense, "Easy now..."

Aurora looked at Sayaka, who looked just as confused as she was.

"Who's side are you on, Flynn?" Althena bitterly asked.

"Y-Yours, surely." Sayaka worriedly said, "The Dark Lord himself spoke of him deserting us..."

"The Dark Lord and I..." Flynn trailed off, "We have kept my true mission a secret from everyone. My task was to get you, Aurora, to him. I knew I wasn't going to be able to convince you to just apparate to the Malfoy Manor, so..." He gestured to the Polyjuice potion, "I did now you were gullible enough to agree to meeting here by a note written by Sayaka."

"And my aunt?"

Flynn glanced to Sayaka, "I'm not quite sure why she's here. Why did you ask her here, Sayaka?"

"Somebody had to handle Fenrir." She answered dryly.

He gave a small chuckle, "That is smart. I must hand it to you."

"Why did Voldemort give me the task of going to Hogwarts for Dumbledore to be killed if this was just going to happen?" Sayaka questioned.

He kept a small smile on his face, "Do you honestly think he would allow you to be so far away from him?"

"Romare trusted you." Aurora cut in, "Margot trusted you. The Order trusted you!"

"Did you trust me?" Flynn questioned with a raised brow. When he was met with silence, he nodded, "Good. You should never fully trust anybody. Especially a stranger."

Death Eaters began to circle them, and Aurora and Althena realized they were outnumbered. They were quickly disarmed, and Flynn plucked Sayaka's wand out of her hair.

He walked to Aurora, "Let's go home."