ten

"I'm worried about her, Romare."

"You worry about everyone."

Margot sat at her vanity taking off her earrings while her husband, Romare, unbuttoned his white button-up shirt.

She huffed as she turned to her husband, "I'm serious, Romare. I don't think she's doing as well as she says she is. Not to mention Althena hasn't done a damn thing to help her."

"From what I've gathered of Althena, she's not the warmest person in the world."

"Well, you were at Hogwarts as the same time as her. What was she like then?"

Romare sat down on the large, four-post bed, "I was only a first year when the Marauders ran around the school during their 7th year." He said, mocking the name lightly, "As for Althena, she was a sixth year. I hardly saw her during my first and second year."

Margot turned back to face herself in the mirror, placing the jewelry on a small golden plate. She took off her makeup and brushed her teeth before slipping into bed under blue silk sheets, "I still wonder if getting involved with this was a good idea... especially Maxwell. I worry that this is only going to do more harm to him."

Romare tucked a piece of Margot's nearly white hair behind her ear, "Everything is going to be alright."

"You say that... but what happens when the war comes? Nobody is safe." She worriedly said.

"Well then, I suppose we have to cherish what time we have now." He softly said, pulling her into his chest.

Margot took a deep breath as she closed her eyes, falling into a deep slumber.

The next morning, Margot set out to open her bookshop as usual. Her bookshop, Rosaleen's, was named after a famous witch and philosopher during Merlin's time. Her bookshop was tucked comfortably in between two large buildings in Diagon Alley with two small alleyways on either side, not far from Ollivander's.

Despite many shops being closed down, Margot stayed open and business was still going strong. Her bookshop was two stories high, shelves were completely full of ancient texts and books were stacked on the floors everywhere one looked.

Rugs decorated the wooden floors, and Margot took a page out of Hogwarts' book with floating candles. There were portraits greeting Margot brightly as she walked in. She put on an old Tchaikovsky record to fill the silence.

She made her way to the backroom and waved her wand, heating up the yellow kettle on a small stovetop. She put her brown bag down over a chair and made herself a cup of chamomile tea with a generous amount of honey. Margot walked out of the room and sat her cup down on an old table where checkout was. She walked to the door, glancing out of the window as she flipped the sign to say open.

When Margot walked back to the table to pick up her tea, she noticed the mug was ice cold to the touch. Steam was no longer coming from the tea. She sat her mug down carefully as she pulled out her wand from the enchanted pocket of her cardigan.

The Tchaikovsky record stopped abruptly behind her. She quickly turned around, but nobody was there. She slowly walked around the ground level of the shop, carefully turning corners. She then crept upstairs, every creek in the wood made her wish she listened to Romare when he offered to have the old wood replaced with new wood.

She placed her back up against a bookcase when she heard a creek in the wood across the room. She peeked around the bookcase, but quickly threw herself to the ground when she saw a green light firing towards her. The bookcase was destroyed and she scrambled to her feet to avoid being hit by falling books.

She caught a glimpse of Bellatrix Lestrange, who was now firing various curses at her. Margot kept her head down and ran around bookshelves as each and everyone one was blown up.

She finally was able to get a glimpse at Bellatrix, who couldn't see where Margot was. She blasted Bellatrix into the only bookshelf that wasn't destroyed.

It took merely seconds for Bellatrix to get back up. She laughed manically and muttered a spell that caused the wood to crack under Margot's feet. Before she could think, Margot fell through the wood and landed onto the old table where checkout was before rolling off of it onto the ground.

She coughed and stood up weakly as Bellatrix called after her. She could smell smoke, and when she looked up, she saw that the second floor was caught up in flames. Bellatrix skipped down the stairs and sent the table she was standing by up in flames.

Margot sent another blast towards Bellatrix, but her blast was sent right back at her and her wand flew out of her hand. She was thrown into a shelf as Bellatrix sent blasts of fire all around the shop. She laughed again, "Have fun, Margot!" She cackled, disappearing from the shop.

The building was coming down on top of Margot as she tried to escape the flames. The front door was blocked by a fallen bookshelf, and she had no clue where her wand was. She found a window and tried to break it open with a kick. Due to the fall she suffered, her body was weak.

She coughed loudly as she looked around panically for something to break the window. She found a large paperweight lying on the ground next to a book that was in flames. She quickly picked it up and winced at the temperature of it. She threw it at the window, and it was enough to break a small opening.

She punched the hole bigger with her bare hands as more pieces of the building fell next to her. She crawled out of the window quickly, barely managing to miss being crushed and burned by falling debris.

She wasted to no time to run out of the alley. She fell down with heavy coughs into the middle of Diagon Alley. Bystanders that watched the building go up in flames quickly ran to her aid.

One of her hands were burnt from the paperweight, while the other was bloody from the glass. She stared up at the sky as water droplets began to fall onto her face.

The last thing she remembered seeing was the face of George, Althena, and Maxwell before she blacked out.