twelve

When Fred and Estella arrived at the St. Claire Manor, many members of the Order were also there in the large and expensive-looking living room.

Fred was filled in on what happened by George. Turns out, the two deciding to close the shop for the day saved their lives.

"What were you two doing in Diagon Alley?" Fred asked George and Althena.

"I was picking up paperwork, Althena was... what were you doing?" George asked as he turned to her.

"I had a meeting with an older Auror who was heavily involved in the first Wizarding War." She replied as she let out a breath of cigarette smoke, "Maxwell came along with me as he knew who she was."

"Did he say much?" Molly asked.

She shook her head, "Not a peep."

Romare and Maxwell walked into the living room tiredly, "She's still out. Doctor said she'll be alright in a day or two, though." Romare said, "Why would they target her out of all the people?"

"Why wouldn't they?" Althena asked, "She's married to you, one of the richest people in the world and one of the few who could destroy Lucius Malfoy more than other people already have. She's a great witch and she got her arse handed to her by Lestrange, which makes me worried for what other people the Dark Lord is hiding."

"She wanted her to suffer." George chimed in. Everyone turned to him and he glanced at Maxwell and Althena, "I mean, you two saw the scene Bellatrix Lestrange left. Door was blocked and the building was falling down in flames. She wanted Margot to go brutally."

"I agree with George." Aurora said, who was sitting across the living room from him.

"Will you two keep shop open?" Tonks questioned.

"Of course we will." Fred quickly said, "We can't show fear."

"I think trying to stay safe doesn't equate fear." Althena said, "But, do as you wish."

"Might be a good idea to have Aurors in the shop." Molly pondered.

"Absolutely not!" Fred and George said at the same time.

"It'll drive away business!" Fred said as George nodded.

Molly sighed, "Well, your father and I do worry for your safety. And I know you guys are adults and this is your shop, but we strongly suggest you two start taking extra precaution."

"I'll work in the shop." Maxwell piped up, making everyone go quiet, "In the back... preferably."

"Did you just speak?" Fred asked in a shocked tone.

"And I can work out front." Aurora added in.

"You're not trained to handle Death Eaters in they attack." Tonks said in a soft tone, "You must be trained first."

"I handled Voldemort and Death Eaters mere months ago. And if Maxwell, Fred, George, and Estella are there, we could hold our own once more of you show up should something happen."

Althena shook her head, "No, we aren't taking that chance."

"So what? They are at risk of an attack even if I'm not there. It'll be better if they have another person there to help out." Aurora argued back.

"Fine. But..." Althena started with an annoyed sigh, "I'll be there as well."

Fred walked to his brother, "Did we just gain three employees?"

"I'm not your employee and I don't want your money." Althena quickly said, "I'll be there to help out with things. The last thing we need is something to happen to you three." She said, looking at the twins and Estella.

"Alright, then." George said, "Thank you." He sincerely said.

She took a long drag of her cigarette as Romare spoke up, "Last night I was telling Margot that she was worrying too much, and now..."

"It's not your fault." Tonks said to him, "None of us saw it coming."

Later that night after everyone left, Romare sat alone in the living room by the blazing fire with a glass of whiskey in his hand. He took a sip of his drink, sitting the glass down onto an emerald coaster on a table beside him.

His ears perked up at the sound of footsteps, and he gripped his wand and blasted the person behind him down to the floor.

Flynn Miabello groaned as Romare stormed to him, snatching him up by his collar. He slammed his back into the wall, "Why the hell didn't you tell me?!" He angrily asked in a hushed tone so Margot wouldn't hear.

"I didn't know." Flynn replied shakily, "I swear to you, I would have told you."

Romare let go of Flynn's collar and he turned his back to him, walking back into the living room. Flynn followed him, "You need to tell the Order."

"No. We had a deal." Romare said as he downed the rest of the drink.

Flynn walked to him and turned him around by his shoulder. He rolled up his black button down shirt and held up his forearm, which had the Dark Mark, "You see this? I better not have done this for bloody nothing." He gritted, "The Dark Lord is bound to find out any day now, and he'll kill me."

"I can't have you around the Order, Flynn. If the Dark Lord looks into your mind and sees you in meetings, it leaves us vulnerable. You took the deal with me, why do you want to back out now?"

Flynn went silent for a few moments as he lowered his forearm. He took a few steps back from Romare, "You're like a brother to me, Romare. I knew what I was getting into when I made the deal with you. But the things I've had to do, calling it deep cover, it's making me no better than them."

"The only task I asked you to do was get Sayaka out. You've been so quick with other employers in the past–"

"This is the Dark Lord we're talking about!" Flynn hissed, "It's not as simple as it bloody sounds. I cannot just grab a hold of her and disapparate away. She's connected to the Dark Lord in a way I do not quite understand. But, I do know they every move she makes, he knows where she is."

Romare sighed, "Margot was almost killed, Flynn. How did you possibly not know they were planning this?"

"I do not believe there was a plan. Bellatrix Lestrange is erratic, along with her cousin Lavinia Black. Count your blessings that Lavinia was not there as well."