Chapter 4

Note- I have not edited this chapter yet, but I hope that you're enjoying the story so far! Thank you for your patience. -Crimson

"Excuse me," Bruno walks up to the pink haired duo.

Upon further examination, the father has sun-kissed skin along with freckles and brown eyes. "Huh?" He turns his head to meet eyes with the caring boy.

"...You don't have enough money?" Bruno whispers, not wanting to embarrass him.

The pink haired man shakes his head, frowning as he continues to hold onto his daughter's hand.

"...I'll pay. Here, take it," Bruno hands the man enough money to buy the ice cream and even more to cover other things.

"...Thank you," He smiles warmly, paying for a cotton candy flavored ice cream for his daughter.

"...What's your name?" The little girl look up to Bruno curiously.

"My name is Bruno Bucciarati," The black haired boy continues to smile. "And what is yours, miss?"

"My name is Trish. I'm only six," She seems a bit nervous around Bruno, as if she hadn't talked to any other kids before.

"Oh!" Her father looks down towards the two with a smile. "I had almost forgotten, my name is Doppio," Doppio smiles down at the two, picking Trish up into his arms with a smile. "...I am sorry to ask so many favors of you, but I am getting an important call from my work," He frowns. "Could you please watch Trish until I am finished?"

"Of course," Bruno nods his head, and Doppio sets Trish down on the ground.

"I cannot thank you enough, Bruno. I will make sure to repay you," He smiles before heading off. "...Where is the phone? I can hear it...," Doppio mutters underneath his breath, supposedly searching for his phone.

"How old are you?" Trish looks upwards at Bucciarati.

"I am eleven years old. I have a whole group of friends if you would like to meet with them," He offers the girl a hand to take.

"Yes please," Trish nods her head and takes Bruno's hand, the boy leading her to the other gang.

"Ragazzi! (Boys!)" Bruno catches the attention of the other members, all turning their heads towards him and Trish. "Today I introduce Trish to our gang. Now, she is a lady, so please treat her with more respect than even me,"

"...She's pretty!" Mista whispers to Narancia with a smile.

"Buonasera, Trish!" (Good afternoon, Trish!) Narancia waves to the girl with a wide smile, not opposed to her at all.

"Another new member, like me!" Giorno walks up to the girl with a large smile. "I just joined this gang today, too! What is your life like?" He smiles, taking a seat on the sand as the wind blows through his hair.

"My life?" She questions, looking towards Giorno with a confused expression. "Well, I only live with my dad,"

"Huh?" Giorno's emerald eyes widen at that, turning his eyes to meet with Trish's.

"...It's kind of weird, isn't it?" She frowns.

"No, that's not it at all!" Giorno shakes his head, looking at her with a smile. "I only live with my dad, too," He speaks softly, truly touched that they both share the same lifestyle.

"What, really?" Trish lets out a surprised gasp. "Wow... I thought that there weren't other kids like me and Dad, too," She forms a small smile.

"I'm not trying to get too personal, but how are you and your dad doing with money?" The golden haired boy frowns. He only wants to help, but knows that it can be a sensitive topic.