🍓Chapter 5- 𝐿𝒶 𝒮𝓉𝓇𝒶𝒹𝒶🍊

Update: Chapters will now have a cover that focuses on the main characters within the chapter. I plan to write chapters that focus on the relationship of two characters, so please let me know if you enjoy this one. If not, I will continue with the same old story. Please enjoy! -Crimson

On the streets of Italy, somewhere around midnight, two boys stood together. Specifically the two boys to whom were searching for their gang... Fugo and Narancia.

"Fugo, it's getting cold," Narancia shivered, the boy rubbing his arms as the two looked for Bruno and Leone. "Where could they have gone? It can't be that late, can it?" The black haired boy frowned, shivering helplessly.

"...I'm not sure," Fugo shook his head, the boy letting out a sigh as he looked for the older boys. He looked up to a clocktower, his violet eyes widening upon reading the time.

"12:05"

"...What is it, Fugo?" Narancia frowns, sand falling off of his shoes as he looks towards the blonde.

"...It's about midnight, Narancia. We talked for much longer than I thought...!" He grimaces. The town was dead at night, the only voices the two could hear was each other's.

"Midnight?!" Narancia's jaw drops, and he moves his hand to cover his mouth. "S-So we're all alone tonight? Do you know the way back to the foster home?"

"Usually I would be able to tell, but... It's too dark to see right now. I have no idea," Fugo's expression turns into one of worry, the boy putting a hand to his head.

"...There has to be some way," Narancia mutters underneath his breath, something forming behind him. A figure shaped like a toy airplane, along with a radar. Narancia scans the area, seeing if anybody else was near.

"...Narancia?" The blonde looked towards the black haired boy, feeling slightly shocked.

"...Look!" Narancia points to the right, specifically in an alleyway. "There's somebody in there. Should we go ask for help?"

"...You are so stupid!" Fugo grabs a newspaper, forming it into a cylinder shape and starts hitting him on the head with it.

"...Ow!" Narancia looks towards the spiky haired blonde, growling beneath his breath. He grips onto Fugo's hair, pulling on it. "You'll pay for that!"

"In what world is it a good idea to go to an alleyway at night time?! Especially when you know that somebody is there!" He pushes Narancia back, the boy stumbling back into a broken fence.

"...Ow!" Narancia cries out in pain, the fence having scratched him bad enough to the point where he was bleeding. "What the hell is wrong with you, Fugo?!" He curses, getting up with an angered expression on his face.

"What the hell is wrong with me?!" His eyes are as sharp as a knife as he looks towards Narancia, shaking his head. "What the hell is wrong with you?! You are the one who tried asking a random person you don't even know for help!" He shakes his head once more, setting his hands on his hips. "You could have gotten both of us in danger, you know that the gangs are alive at night!"

"I don't need a gang to put me in danger, Fugo! You already did!" Narancia holds onto his shoulder, to which had gotten a bleeding cut on the side. "You pushed me into the fence, and it cut me!"

"...I did?" Fugo questions meekly, frowning. He moves his eyes to Narancia's shoulder, frowning as he comes to the realization of what he had done. "I'm sorry, Narancia. I shouldn't have done that," Fugo rips a piece off of his overshirt, wrapping it around Narancia's arm.

"...Why are we like this with each other, Fugo? It's like there are two sides to our friendship. One moment, we're smiling together, and on the other, we're crying together," Narancia speaks softly, letting out a small sigh. What Narancia didn't understand was that Fugo had an old soul. The boy was much more mature than Narancia, despite being a year younger than him. But in the black haired boy's point of view, it didn't matter. What mattered to him was how the two had gotten along with each other; Not their smarts.