Chapter 7-📞dormire sveglio 💋

Unedited Chapter, but please enjoy it!
-Crimson

Nҽʂʂυɳσ ρυò ʂϝυɠɠιɾҽ ԃαʅ ԃҽʂƚιɳσ ʂƈҽʅƚσ. Rιɱαɳҽ ʂσʅσ ιʅ ɾιʂυʅƚαƚσ ƈԋҽ ʋσι ʂαɾҽƚҽ ԃιʂƚɾυƚƚι. L'ҽƚҽɾɳα ƈιɱα ҽʂιʂƚҽ ʂσʅσ ρҽɾ ɱҽ. Pυσι ƈαɳƚαɾҽ ƈαɳȥσɳι ԃι ƚɾιʂƚҽȥȥα ɳҽʅ ɱσɳԃσ ʂҽɳȥα ƚҽɱρσ.

The words echoed throughout his mind. He tossed and turned in bed, a cold sweat coming upon him. He felt the cold, sharp words pierce into his heart, sending a chill from his spine all the way to his fingertips. Screams echoed throughout his mind until he heard his own, the boy only snapping out of it once he felt himself fall onto the hard ground below him.

He gripped onto the ground to pull himself up, only to have it fall through the cracks of his hands. He felt his heartbeat pound against his chest, taking in nervous and slow breaths. He took a look around him, it was an island. One like he had never seen before.

There were rocks all around, and the water moved slowly. It was nighttime, and the sky showed just about the brightest moon he had ever seen. He placed a hand on a tree, only to discover an entire forest in front of him. Nervously, the boy gripped onto his sweater and walked further into the woods, feeling the soft sand beneath his feet.

"Hello...?" He called out timidly, peeking his head over a tree. He was met with a waterfall, to which was pouring crystal clear water into a small pond. A few frogs and toads were heard croaking. He looked ahead of him, only to see a figure of somebody familiar.

It looked to be a woman with medium length hair, sitting at the pond and turned her head to meet eyes with him. She laughed softly, approaching him and grabbed one of his hands in her own. "Come on!" She giggled, dragging him with her.

"Hey, where... Where are we going?" He asked timidly, the woman bringing a sense of both familiarity and comfort.

"We're going to catch up with each other. It's been a long time since I've seen you, hasn't it?" She places a hand on his cheek, smiling lovingly at him. "My husband...,"

Those last two words were all that he needed to figure out who she was. She had beautiful, silk brunette hair along with sparkly jade eyes. Tears began to form in his eyes, and he hugged her closely. "I'm sorry," He whispered quietly. "I'm really, really sorry... Donatella," He looks at his reflection in the pond. Short, fluffy pink hair along with a lilac colored sweater, darker purple squares used for accents.

"...Look at me," She shakes her head with a smile, wiping his tears. "It's okay," Donatella whispers softly, keeping him close. "You haven't forgotten who you are, have you?" She sits down on a bench with him, keeping him close.

The words hit him right in the heart. He was unsure of how to respond to that, now that he thought about it. Who was he?

"...I don't know," He whispered, shaking his head.

"...Don't worry. I'll help you remember who you are," She kisses his forehead gently. "You would often tell me that you were hearing voices in your head.
That 'he' would always try to bring you down, and you would sometimes cry. I would hold you until they went away... Just like we are doing now," She closed her eyes contently, keeping him close.

"I... I'm trying to remember. By voices, you mean my boss?" He sniffles, resting against his wife and wraps his arms around her waist.

"That's the thing, dear. He isn't your boss," Donatella shakes her head, placing a hand on Doppio's heart. "...Do you see this? You have a heart, and it belongs to you," She whispers softly. "My darling, can't you see that you are your own boss?" She rubs his back softly, trying to make him feel better.

"...Me?" He questions timidly. "But... I hear him every day. He calls me," He frowns.

"The next time he calls you, don't answer the phone," Donatella frowns. "He isn't really there, I promise. I know it may be difficult for you to hear, but as your wife, you need me more than ever and I know that," She plants a kiss on the side of his head. "Doppio. You are one of the sweetest, kindest souls I have ever met. No, that's not right... You are the sweetest and kindest soul I have ever met. You have to remember who you are," A few tears fall from her eyes as she looks at him. "Please, just do it for me. You remember when you almost gave your life to save that frog in the road, right?" She sniffles. "And how much the town loved you because of how sweet you were to everyone?," She runs a hand throughout his hair. "And one day, you just suddenly changed... You weren't you anymore, it was like someone had taken over you. You aren't yourself anymore, dear. That 'boss' of yours, he uses you for his benefit. So that he can hide in the shadows, and sit on his ass while you do all the work!" She raises her voice, obviously a bit angry. "Can't you see, Doppio? You are you!"

You are you.

The words hit him just about everywhere he could ever imagine, and he stopped moving, stopped talking, and froze in place for a second. Memories flooded throughout his head, and he began to slowly remember everything she was telling him. He had become what he feared the most and that was, well... Not himself. He started nodding his head for a few moments before he cupped her face in his hands, pressing his forehead against hers. "...I remember now," He spoke softly. "Boss isn't a good person like I have been thinking, and that's plain to see. All he is... Is just a voice in my head. Though, I am just a little confused... It all seems so real," He holds onto her hands tightly. "But if you're telling me this, then I... I'll try to find myself again," He whispers.

"I knew you'd come around...," She smiles, and the two both lean into each other's faces for a soft and loving kiss.

Doppio closed his eyes, and for the first time he begins to remember who he really is. There were no voices in his head telling him what to do right now, he got to decide.

Because he is his own boss.