Chapter 9- 💚𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓭'𝓸𝓻𝓸 🐞

The past few days were busy ones for the golden haired boy, snuggling his ladybug plush close as he lied in bed. He was politely awoken by a beam of sunlight, yawning as he stretched his small arms. He rubbed his eye with a smile, looking himself in the mirror before he brushed his hair out, grabbing his curlers out of his drawer. Thanks to his father, Giorno was an expert on how to get himself ready for the day. He turned his head to the right as he heard his bedroom door open.

"Oh, you're already awake?" Dio comes in with a breakfast platter in hand, fried eggs and muffins with chocolate pudding on the side. "I made your favorite," He smiles, setting the tray down on his bed.

"You got chocolate pudding for me? Thanks, Dad!" Giorno runs up to his father and hugs him tight, Dio lifting him up in his arms.

"So your new friends... How were they? I'm still nervous about letting you hang out with people like that," The blonde man frowns, setting his son down on his bed while he begins to braid Giorno's hair.

"...I really love them, Padre," The golden haired boy smiles softly, thinking about them. "Sure I get along with some better than others, but that's to be expected. I'm the closest with Bruno and Mista right now," He rubs his eyes, the boy still feeling a bit groggy from just waking up.

"...I'm not so sure about that silver haired boy, Giorno. I don't have good feelings about him," Dio's reddish eyes narrow as he ties a ribbon at the bottom of Giorno's hair.

"He's fine, Padre. I just think he has trust issues of some sort. I'm not really sure on why he treats me the way he does, but it should go away over time. He's really good to Narancia," He picks up a muffin, taking a bite of it before going straight for the chocolate pudding. It was one of his favorite foods, next to octopus salad.

"...Well, I'm not so sure about that Mista either. So far the only one I truly trust is Bucciarati, and even then, I'm not completely trustworthy of him," Dio narrows his eyes once more.

"Dad, you can't let me lose them. I've never had friends like this before, I've always been locked up inside of this mansion. I'm seeing things I've never seen before, like television and phones!" For once, the golden haired boy disagrees with his father. "This is where I belong, with them. They're Italian kids who don't have the best lives and live at a foster home together. I need to take them here... They've probably never seen a mansion this big in their lives," Giorno steps out to his balcony, setting his hands on the edge of it. "Don't you understand, Dad? You don't have it all, even if you're wealthier than others and get expensive gifts... No, that doesn't make a difference. What makes the difference is the people you share it with. Of course I love you Dad, but if something were to happen that was out of my control one day, who would I go to?" He waited for his father to respond, resulting in about an entire minute of silence. "Exactly. That's why I need them. That's why I need Bruno and Leone. That's why I need Mista and Trish. That's why I need Fugo and Narancia. I'll go to them," He huffs, birds chirping in the distance.

"I... Well I guess you're right, Giorno. You're a smart boy," Dio gives a sad smile, listening to the six year old. "I'll let you see them, you can invite them over today for a sleepover. I'll offer them an expensive meal too, I can't exactly imagine they're living off of luxury food in that home,"

"...Thank you, Dad!" Giorno gives a large smile, hugging his father tightly before running to the telephone. "I'll call Mista!"