5: brawl for your life!!!

...

"aay.. kurin.." the way their names rolled off the tall vampire's tongue showed the three had history. and his angered tone proved it wasn't the good kind . "i should have known you two were behind this."

"well can you blame us?" the smaller of the duo whined, a state in which dan hadn't seen. in a way it made him less frightening.. like a spoiled kid who just wanted a new toy. "it's been so long since we had even the smallest drop of human blood."

"i don't think i can go on like this.. i'm so hungry!" aay growled and kouzo flinched when he tried to leap for him but magnus stopped the male by spreading his arm out protectively.

"you know the rules aay. vampires have been forbidden from drinking human blood. it's just too risky to go around capturing humans like in the old days, they can be dangerous and stocked with technology that can easily obliterate our kind!"

"well why do you think we targeted a weakling like him." kurin scoffed placing his hands on his hips. "he's so small and puny; he can barely defend himself."

"puny?!" dan growled and clenched his fists, fueled by bravery only because of his protector that stood right in front of him. okay, he didn't really know what that word meant.. but it sure didn't sound good! "i'm not puny and i can defend myself! drago and i..-"

but was cut off by the two mean vampire's laughter.

"of course, he needs a bakugan to protect himself. how pathetic!" the green haired laughed causing dan's face to go red in embarrassment.

magnus hummed. "you know what you two.. you're right."

the duo paused and dan gasped. "what?!" they all exclaimed.

"shh, just trust me on this." magnus whispered through gritted teeth and dan bit his lip, his forehead sweating a bit. trusting the black haired was probably the most risky decision he had ever made..

"i said you're right. dan is no threat so you can have him." the black haired shrugged.

"wow. guess you're not a pain in the a-"

"but. only if you win against us in a brawl. lose, and he's mine for the taking."

at that aay and kurin groaned taking back their statement.

" you're gonna brawl against us?" the dark haired scoffed crossing his arms, teasingly. "hmph, didn't king storm say it's wrong for a prince like yourself to use your bakugan for battle?"

dan's eyes glanced at the elder in curiosity. so that's what they meant earlier! "wow is that really true? magnus.. you're a prince?"

but magnus ignored him and growled, taking nillious into his hand as it rolled back to a bakuball. "ugh, who cares what my father says?! let's just get this going! nillious, bakugan brawl!"

nillious toward over the duo and joined drago within the battle field. it roared at their green and yellow opponent ready for attack.

"well then, so be it!" kurin scoffed and took out his own bakugan which seemed to be of a darkus faction. "garganoid, let's do this and crush those idiots!" the boy rolled out his partner and joined forces with mantanoid. he was a black and purple gargoyle creature with large wings and a menacing stare. he glared over at his two opponents and roared loudly.

"woah.. he's scary.." dan mumbled.

"don't let it discourage you," magnus said to him. " brawl with all your might dan. your life is literally on the line here."

instead of motivating him, it just made the red streaked even more uneasy than he already was. if he lost, he'd be those vampire's dinner! but.. maybe he'd be okay having magnus' help. he had that crazy power up his sleeve too.