9: king magnus?

"w-wait, marry her? i.. where is this even coming from?"

magnus black was seriously stumped. at a loss for words, he stumbled in his speech. a confusion enough to push the man's hands off him which earned him a weary smile from the elder.

not knowing what to do, he looked over at his curly haired father
"father what is the meaning of this?!" the prince yelled, slamming his palms on the table it made their drinks shake. " you said i'd be able to marry the person i desire to be with, you never informed me you'd be doing the choosing!"

the commotion was enough to rattle the two guests but they made sure to keep their cool having been informed of the teens.. unusual demeoner

his father adjusted his glasses with a calm look on his face. assuming he would already know this was the reaction he'd so receive. "that was years ago magnus; and that's given you plenty of time to search for a partner." he replied. " you're twice that age now and you haven't even attempted to date, let alone hang around any girls to even make an effort.."

with information like that, the hidden red streaked laughed quietly. "wow, im surprised he's never even had a girlfriend." he mumbled as he continued to listen in.

".. which is why your mother and i have decided to contribute and choose for you." the vampire king continues. "besides, athena is a perfect fit. she's an elegant sophisticated young woman not to mention, very beautiful."

athena smiled and bowed. "thank you your majesty."

yet magnus was still not convinced. "but i barely know her! sure, i knew her from acadamy but that was when we were children. i don't even remember much from then."

"don't worry, we're giving you two time to get to know eachother." the blond's father chimes in with a smile " give it maybe.. 10 years and I'm sure you two will be set."

"poor magnus doesn't even have a say in the matter." dan sighed quietly for his new friend who seemed anxious on the other side of the table. he really wished he could help, but what could a lost boy from a different dimension like himself do..?

magnus huffed and crossed his arms, "but why? why do i have to marry so soon?!" the black haired asked both irritated and annoyed.

his mother was the one who answered, crossing her own arms and rivaling her son's glare. "well magnus, as you know, your father has recently concurred the next kingdom over and the two of us have decided it'd be best to hand it to you.."

"and a king can't dictate on his own." king storm added. "which is for athena to fill that role. As your queen."

in response, vampire prince scoffed. "seriously?! you want me to govern a stupid village so you force me to marry?! i don't even wanna be a king, can't you just keep it or give it to someone else..? someone like.. i dunno, my brother?" it was a stupid response, enough to send the king and queen into a small fit of laughter. even mr faustece joined in just because he was petty.
magnus didn't want to become ruler of anything! it made him beyond angry his short lived freedom was being taken away just like that he was now spouting nonsense.

"magnus, you know your brother isn't fit for governing a kingdom.." storm said once he was finished. "and even if he was, we would not give it to him. as the eldest it's your sole responsibility to take charge of any secondary kingdoms we take hold of."

"and it'd be beneficial for your royal duties anyway." omnivia said. "it'd give you something to be responsible for and take your mind out of those silly ideas of becoming a.. bakugan brawler.." she said that title with such disgust it nearly offended dan and just made magnus more upset. "i don't want my son acosiating himself with such a savage sport."

magnus looked down at his lap and grit his teeth, holding onto nillious tightly. there honestly was no way to get out of this, right? no way to convince them he wasn't fit to be a king. fit to being married to a girl he barely knew.
the teen sighed. "fine. i accept the offer. i'll.. take athena's hand in marriage."

"what..? he said yes..?" dan whispered in shock. "why magnus, why would you accept..?!"

the blond's father beamed, he took magnus' hand and shook it excitedly. "oh thank you for accepting prince magnus or should I say, king magnus?  ha, i promise my daughter will not disappoint."

magnus glaced over at the said blond in question who gave him a shy smile as she tucked a stand of hair behind her ear. the boy sighed and pushed his hand away from her weird dad.

"we'll discuss preparations tommarow, the ceremony will be held in a week." omnivia said and pat her son's shoulder. "i'm proud of you for making the right decision magnus."

magnus rolled his eyes, if only she could be proud of who he really was.. "yeah whatever, i'm going back to my room." he stood up on his way upstairs to meet back with dan when athena stood up from her chair too.

"uh i can accompany you there." athena offered.

"no!" magnus yelled quickly before clearing his throat. "i mean, no. i need time to think about this alone. i'll see you tomorrow though."

"oh.. okay then." the future bride watched her promised boy leave, an angered expression on her face before she washed it away with a sigh and took her seat back beside her father.

magnus turned the corner down the hall up the stairs where dan waited for him on the first step. the red streaked looked up at him with a worried expression while magnus only looked back calmly.

he hid it well, but magnus was beyond frustrated.