8: the guests, the castle, and the girl in red

not even a minute of sitting on the floor beside the table, dan had grown impatient. "ughh i can't do this.." he groaned and swiftly got up. "we gotta go see what's going on."

"what?!" drago squawked and flew beside his stubborn partner's head. "we can't do that dan, you remember what magnus said. his parents are dangerous, im sure if they see you they'll put you in serious harm!"

"pshh, they won't see me so long as i hide." he shrugged. "and if they do, you can just shoot them with a fire ball or something." that would have been the end of that conversation as dan turned to the door but dragonoid stopped him again by flying in front of it.

"no dan. i won't let you risk your life just because you're curious. we are gonna wait here until magnus gets back to transport us back home where there aren't vampires trying to harness your blood!"

in response the brunette whined. "drago, c'mon! pleeeeeeaseee!!" he clasped his hands and gave his partner the biggest pleading eyes he could make. "aren't you at least a little interested in what it's like to be a vampire prince? magnus could be governing some awesome rules out there and we're missing out!"

but drago resisted. "the only thing i'm interested in is keeping you safe." he said. "and plus, what's with all this fascination in magnus anyway?"

at first, daniel didn't have an actual answer. a little while ago he was terrified of the cloaked boy but now he wanted to know everything there was to him. he shrugged. "he's a vampire prince drago, there's seriously nothing cooler than that!"

the little red and black dragon rolled his eyes. "you think everything is cool, dan."

__

the red streaked brunette accompanied by his annoyed companion quietly walked along the maroon hallway and its marble checkered floor. there were torches hung up that lit the dark corridors and at the corner of his eye, dan noticed a framed picture hanging on the wall.

he walked to it and smiled softly at the sight. it was an image of a younger magnus sitting on his mother's lap with their father beside them holding a baby that had dark short hair and wearing an oversized shirt. they were all smiling, something dan wouldn't have expected to see with the way magnus seemed annoyed by his family.

"magnus was seriously cute when he was younger." dan quietly giggled before pointing at the baby. "who do you think that is, drago?"

"i dunno and does it really matter, dan?" was drago's response. "it's just another vampire i wouldn't wanna deal with.."

kouzo chuckled at his friend's irritated tone. "huh.. guess you're right,"

the noise of group laughter down the hall brought dan to remember why they were there in the first place. he turned his attention back to sneaking through the hallway as he followed the noise, drago staying close by his side.

there were a flight of stairs down where the passageway end. sticking his head out slightly where the wall and stairs connected, dan saw what magnus had to leave for.

the large lavish room underneath was the kitchen and sat the black clothed table were magnus and his parents but beside them resided two guests: a tall man with short faded brown hair that had yellow highlights and a parting in the middle that stuck to his forehead. he had on a fancy black and golden embroided suit with a white tie and brown rimmed glasses. in dan's honest opinion.. he looked more like a teacher than a vampire!

then was the girl that sat next to magnus. she had blond slightly short hair with hot pink streaks on the sides & she had a fair complexion complimented by her pale skin. she also wore glasses but they were red and they matched well with her dress which was crimson in color with puffy sleeves all topped off with a silver choker strapped around her neck.

"woah.." dan whispered. the way she sat so closely to magnus ticked him off, strangely. "who is she?"

his answer would be given soon as magnus' mother began the conversation. she picked up her wine glass of a strange red liquid dan hoped was just cranberry juice. "we apologize for the wait faustus, we can't begin to tell you the trouble it was to bring magnus out of his room."

"it's quite alright your majesty, i completely understand." the man who's name was mr faustus laughed.

the girl in red flashed magnus a small smile. he rolled his eyes and turned to the adults causing her to frown, upset. "enough with the chitchat already, what is this about?" the ravenette demanded to know but of course, his demoner upset his parents who glared at him across the dinner table.

"magnus! that is in no way to speak to your elders." king storm growled.

magnus crossed his arms and muttered a small "sorry." not even looking at faustus who just smiled and laughed it off.

"no no, it's quite alright storm. as a matter of fact, i love how direct he is. really shows who's boss," he folded his hands in front of him and once magnus gave him his attention, he continued. "now then, you remember my daughter athena correct?"

the black haired glanced over at the girl by him. "we attended academy together, yeah." but beside that, he showed no interest in the blond.

"well.. your parents and i have been speaking, and magnus.." he extended his arms and took magnus' hands in his own. "we would like you to marry athena."

the black haired felt his eyes widen, dan covered his mouth to stop himself from gasping too loud.

"what?!"