6: creep on our desire..

when magnus lead dan to his home, the pyrus brawler was enthralled.

"..woah! this is where you live?!" it was a large silver bricked castle with red roofs. in the center of the beautiful structure was a large tower similar in color where two darkus bakugan stood guard. a howlkoar and a phaedrus who didn't see the duo but dan's booming voice alarmed them which made magnus act fast and grab him, hiding with him behind a large shrub.

"keep your voice down dan, you're gunna get us in trouble!"

kouzo chuckled awkwardly and scratched his neck. with a lowered voice he said: "ah.. im sorry.. it's just- you're a prince and you live in such a pretty castle! i have a friend who's dad owns a mansion and that doesn't even compare to your place!"

at the younger's enthusiasm, the black haired couldn't help but laugh softly. "you just get excited over everything, huh dan?"

dan grinned back, a hint of pink on his cheeks. "well.. just over the cool stuff."

a smile formed on mag's lips wishing he could share that same optimism but it left his face as quick as it came when he turned to nillious who was perched up on his right shoulder. "nillious, go around back and inspect the area. i dont want anyone, especially my parents, to see dan."

nillious nodded at their directed mission. "of course, magnus." and they flew off from the bush to check if the coast was clear.

so the two boys and drago were left behind, dan looking up at magnus with interest. he tapped his shoulder. "hey magnus.. i heard you mention to aay and kurin earlier that vampires have been banished from drinking human blood years ago." the boy in red began. "so, if that's true, how come it'd be a problem if your parents saw me? they're the queen and king of this world, right? wouldn't they want to help me too?"

without missing a beat, magnus quickly answered. "no." was the short explanation. and the long one followed through.
"my parents aren't like me, they're authoritative and see humans as food just like the others. and what i said isn't entirely true, it's only the part about opening portals that we're not allowed. in this day and age that can only cause problems but once you're here- there's no guarantee for your safety and anyone can pretty much have you. my family especially, are the most dangerous."

the little dragon on dan's shoulder perched his head up in interest. standing his ground, protectively. "so you're saying, you have the power to hurt dan if you please?"

magnus crossed his arms slowly, not minding if the bakugan still didn't fully trust him. but he still sided with the truth and said: "if you put it that way, yes. i can." but he smirked at dan's look of uneasyness. "but don't worry you two, im not interested in drinking your blood, dan. and i promise i won't cause him any harm, drago. "

"but why?" dan chimed in. no reason to ask other than genuine interest in the elder. "why don't you wanna drink my blood? you've had so many chances to do so and yet you still want to help me.. there isn't at least a little temptation?"

and that question seriously stumped magnus for a bit, leaving him quiet as he pondered it. he's helped many humans before and none of them ever asked that which is why he never had a reason. he had never tasted human blood so he couldn't say he didn't like it & the temptation to taste was there.. but he always pushed it away for the sake of his well intentions.

so, naturally not having an answer. magnus' response was: "i dunno." with a shrug. "i guess.. i just can't handle the idea of taking an innocent life for the sake of fulfilling my temptations. i'd just learned to ignore them, to keep people like you safe."

at a reply like that, daniel smiled wide with a small gleam in his eyes.. this really did prove the elder was more than what met the eye. he wanted to know so much more but before he could ask, nillious had come back.

"the coast is clear all for lightning who's asleep next to the fountain." the two headed explained. "but, so long we don't make a noise and we should be okay."

"lightning?" dan questioned. "who's that?"

"oh he's-" but nillious was quickly cut off by magnus once he found an opportunity to keep the younger quiet.

"lightning is the ferral beast that guards this palace! instead of thirsting for blood like us vampires, he thirsts for human flesh!" magnus lied so convincingly it scared dan out of his wits. the elder rose his hands for dramatic effect and grabbed dan's shoulders. staring him deep in his eyes to show he was serious. "anger him and he'll waste no time to tear you to shreds.. that's a fate i can't save you from. so you have to be extra careful, and very quiet because he's got strong hearing to hear even the slightest pin drop.. so.. promise me you'll be quiet dan."

dan bit his lip and nodded. this world was strange enough to host human eating beasts so of course he believed every word that came out of the black haireds mouth. "i promise magnus.."

"shh!!" magnus shushed him by placing his finger on his lips dramatically. dan widened his eyes and stayed quiet.

in response to that exchange, nillious narrows its eyes and drago was quick to take note.

it looks like this vampire had a sense of humor.

..