7: going back home.. not!

__

the black haired directed his red streaked friend to the back gates of the castle, through a path where the two bakugan that stood guard wouldn't see them.

with the help of the bright moonlight, dan took note of the garden that was in the castle's backyard. it held many well furnished flower beds and other plants the brunette didn't recognize.
in the center of the sight was a flowing marble fountain. and right beside it was a chubby chocolate brown and white french bulldog sleeping soundly on its back. the purple collar strapped on his fat neck had a golden dog tag engraved with the name 'lightning'

dan chuckled as he stepped by him. eyeing him down with a small smile. "this is lightning?' he asked. "he's.. kinda cute.. looks just like a regular dog."

"that's just his form he uses when he's in his rest mode." magnus lied as he grabbed the younger's hand for the umpteenth time. "let's quickly get you outta here before he tears you to shreds."

"yikes.. okay.."

as the two left, the dog simply snored. completely uneffected by the noise.

finally stepping in front of the castles back structure, a wooden ladder could be seen leaning against a wall underneath an already open window. magnus led daniel to it and let his hand go. "climb on, i'll follow behind." he instructed in which dan nodded and quickly did as told. he grabbed onto the side rails and hopped on the first step, beginning to climb as drago followed him by flying beside him.
once dan was ahead enough steps, magnus followed suit and began climbing as well.

a couple climbing later and dan made it to the window, he hopped onto the window sill but somehow his knee slipped and he fell into the room with a small groan. drago quickly flew in and dropped to the boy's eye level.

"dan, are you alright?" he asked, not as concerned since it wasn't that big of a drop.

"yeah, i-i'm okay.'' was kouzo's response as he slowly sat up rubbing the side of his head. cerulean eyes catch sight of the room and he found something else to be mesmerized by. for although it's small size, the room held shelves upon shelves of books, jars and vials containing bright liquids and other items dan couldn't identity with just a simple glance. in the middle was a large black table similar to the ones dan had seen in his school's science room. beside an open book, the table was completely empty.

the boy stood up and walked over to a shelf, inspecting it's contents. "wow, this place is seriously cool." dan said once he heard magnus step in. "you mentioned this was your spell room, can you really preform magic?"

"somewhat, i'm still a beginner at it." magnus responded as he reached to close the window and its blinds. encapsulating the room in darkness.

for a moment, the brown haired couldn't see until a candle on a little tray was suddenly lit by the darkus brawler. he set it down on the table. "i've mastered summoning portals to the human world though having done it enough times." he continued. "it will require your.. participation however."

"oh cool, will i be preforming magic?" dan beamed, his smile faded though when magnus took what looked to be a pocket knife out of his cloak and set it on the table.

"no. you'll see once we get to it."

everything magnus needed was soon spread out on the table. the knife, a potion vial holding in a bright red liquid, a roll of bandages and a large thick brown book which was currently in magnus' hands. dan & drago watched as he flipped through it and once he found his desired page he placed it on the table for the two to see. the inscription was in a language dan didn't understand but the large image in between the two pages of a pentagram with strange symbols in its spines alarmed him.