10: the one thing magnus can't stand up to(the true chapter 10)

had to rewrite chapter 10 cause i'm a BABY!! pretend all that other stuff never happened
___

dan followed magnus back to the elder's spell room. the two keeping quiet thinking- about the same situation that previously played downstairs..

and when they had arrived, magnus quietly closed the door once the two (well, four including the bakugan on their shoulders) were back in the small dark room.

the vampire leaned against the door and sighed. ''i'm.. so sorry you had to hear all that kouzo."

daniel turned to face the other as he set his bakugan friend on the table. "it's alright. i mean, it's partly my fault.. I should have stayed up here like you said." he giggled awkwardly. drago of course, rolling his eyes. "do you really want to get married to that girl though..? i mean you didn't seem to like the idea at first and i could be assuming but aren't you too young to be getting married..?"

magnus sighed. "i turned a hundred sixty 40 moon-cycles ago," he explained and when he turned back to dan his bewildered and confused look caused him to chuckle again. "sorry, in human years i'd be fifteen and 3 months.. vampires age differently."

"i see.. so we're two years apart! i'm thirteen." the shorter boy grinned, already getting off topic causing magnus to smile. dan seriously was interesting..

"hm, that was pretty obvious seeing you still find swear words funny."

in response, kouzo gasped dramatically. "hey! whats that supposed to mean!" he growled playfully in which magnus nudged his shoulder in return. the same playful smile ridden on his lips. "that you're an immature child." the vampire chuckled.

dan laughed back- mainly because it was kind of true. as much as he denied it in his head. getting back on topic though..
"that's besides the point.." he sighed again and set his hands by his side. "that's still so young to be getting married! my parents were like thirty when they had their wedding and i wasn't even born yet..! do you really want to go through with this, magnus?"

magnus growled and crossed his arms. "of course not!"

and that's the part dan didn't understand. "why'd you say yes then? if you don't wanna marry that athena girl why did you say yes?"

''because i couldn't say no, dan! you saw how ruthless my parents are! if they want something done they'll do everything in their power to make it happen.. if i had said no they'd just keep pushing me until i said yes."

"so you're just gonna become a king of some village with a girl you barely know without doing anything about it?"

"pretty much.." the soon to be king sighed. "the decision has already been made so i can't back out now and standing up to my parents.. was never an option."

"but won't they listen to you since you're their son..?"

magnus scoffed but he figured this was what dan would think coming from a spoiled life. "you think just because i'm their child they'd listen to me? i can't stand up to them dan.. they could banish me. it's happened before."

"what do you mean it's happened before..?" and when magnus' expression shifted to something more serious, dan thought he had messed up again. "oh.. did i say something wrong again?"

"no.. you didn't." magnus sighed, being reminded of a memory he wished to bury deep.. "like i said, when things seem like they won't go my parent's way, they'll do anything to make sure it eventually does.. even if it means death."

the brunette felt a shiver run up his back. ''oh.. well.. i'm sorry to hear that."

"it's alright.." magnus forced himself to smile once more so not to worry his friend. he neared closer and held kouzo's cheeks, tilting his chin upward to look at him. "after living like this for years, you get used to it.. there's just nothing we can do about it dan. and even if there was, i wouldn't want you to risk your life just for me.." he chuckled, using his thumb to carrass his soft peach skin. "trust me.. i'm not worth the trouble."

however even with this reassurance; the brunette still furrowed his brows in sadness, grabbing onto the elder's wrists and staring deep into the other's red violet eyes. "..magnus."

and when dan said his name,, the vampire's eyes gleamed with interest for a moment.. what was it this human had that the other's he's met didn't? the fact that he had to let him go made him more sad than the marriage..

but a friendship between them could never work.

magnus sighed and let dan go. "let's get you back home, dan kouzo."