11: the ritual

magnus walks over to the table and organizes his supplies as dan curiously watches. the black haired opens his book again and flips to the pentagram with all those crazy symbols and incomprehensible scripture. "it's a shame i have to let you go so soon dan. take care of yourself, okay." 

dan wearily smiled. "i will. so long as i have drago with me nothing will ever stand in my way!" he boasted.

"yeah.. sometimes i feel like i'm your babysitter." the little dragon sighed sighed causing magnus and dan to share a laugh. 

"i'll.. also make sure to visit.." dan shrugged and poked the vampire's forearm, though he knew magnus would most likely decline. and that he was right about because magnus was quick to respond

"you know that can't be possible dan." magnus said as he grabbed the blade (making sure to keep the bandages close) and then held out his free hand. "now, gimmie your hand. remember this spell requires your participation."

dan gulped at the sight of the knife but still did as he was told, letting magnus grab his wrist and hover it over the open potion vial. 

"this is gunna sting a little.. you can close your eyes if you need to." kouzo nodded but opted to watch instead, though he sweated nervously clearly knowing what was going to happen.. and so the vampire placed the blade above dan's upper wrist and quickly drew a slit across his skin. 

dan hissed in pain, tears forming in his eyes from the sting & once his blood began to trickle down - magnus turned his hand  and let it drip into the magical substance. 

it only took a few drops of the human's blood for the potion to turn red and begin glowing. 

"woah.." dan's amazement caused him to forget about the pain for a second, only to be reminded once mag began to wrap a bandage around his wrist. 

"the color changes based on your aura." magnus explained "yours is a firey red. it means you're passionate-driven and overtly confident."

"all of that is absolutely true." drago commented.

magnus chuckled and cut the bandage roll, setting it down once he had put on enough. "keep that on until the cut heals." he said to which dan nodded. 

the next phase of the ritual had magnus stirring the potion with a little stick then using said stick to smear it around the circle  of the pentagram. dan watched, making sure to keep quiet and not distract the elder from his focus.

"give me both your hands this time.. drago, stand over there next to nillious."

"alright." drago flew to the edge of the table where nillious stood watching quietly. the two headed bakugan then turned to the pyrus. 

"hey.. it was an honor to meet you, dragonoid." they said. "take good care of.. daniel for us. he is a good kid.. and it seems magnus really likes him.."

drago closed his eyes and smiles. "i will. though dan is a handful, it's quite easy to grow to liking him."

nillious stayed watching drago for a moment, then turned back to the spell.

when dan took magnus' hands into his own, they both kept their arms over the book. "close your eyes and imagine where you want to be.. think of your friends.. your house and your family." magnus explained, watching as dan bit his bottom lip and closed his eyes. "..don't lose focus on your desire."

dan nodded already thinking of his hometown. though he would love to stay and help magnus, he'd accepted it was simply an impossibility.. he thought of his friends and all the fun things they could do once he got back. film a video with lia, pull some pranks with wynton, eat some of shun's amazing cooking! he thought of his mom and dad and wondered what they were up to and he held onto those thoughts as magnus began to chant what was inscribed in the yellow pages of the spell book "hunc victorem mitte in terras et nunquam reduc eum.. deus carissime i dont volo vultum videre in hoc regno heus! gratulor pro modo discendi latini.. quid aliud scribo!"

as magnus' chats grew louder and dan's desire to be home grew more intense, the pentagram began to glow a bright orange and the symbols scribbled around each corner began to illuminate in the ceiling. 

"what's going on?" drago gasped
"the portal.. back to your world is opening." nillious responded. "you two will be.. back home safely.''

dan heard this but he didn't dare open his eyes. he shut them tighter and imagined his friends calling out to him.. 

magnus' eyes gleamed as he saw the familar sight of a pink and yellow portal opening begin to form infront of them. one more line of chant and it'd surely be open! "ego.. sum mundi pessimi auctor!" 

and that's all it took for the portal back to earth to be summoned. it expanded its size with a small eruption of light just as the many times magnus preformed. yet, this summon was different all because he was a little down in letting dan go. 

the vampire squeezed dan's hands with another sad sigh. "you can open your eyes now." 

dan opened his eyes and blinked, gasping in surprise once he sees the portal in front of him. "woah, it worked!" the red streaked excitedly exclaimed. he jumped and brought magnus into a hug who quietly gasped in surprise. 

the vampire kept his arms up as dan hugged him tighter. the room grew hot before magnus chuckled and hugged the smaller human back. 

"thank you magnus, for everything. you saved me from those scary vampires that started this mess and now you're sending me back. thanks."

magnus smiled and patted his back. "anytime kouzo."

"it sucks i won't see you ever again though.." dan sighed, looking up at him "are you sure you'll be okay?"

"probably not mentally. but I'll try." magnus shrugged with a smile.

and dan giggled at the elder's humor. oh how he would have loved for his friends to meet him!

"but anyway, you best get going. I'm sure you have people waiting to see you."

"..you bet I do!" dan laughed. really, he was trying his best to keep himself positive. leaving magnus behind in a terrible situation hurt him a bit to say the least.. but like magnus said,, there was nothing he could do.
dan let magnus go, frowning once he turned to the portal. "let's go drago."

"right." drago nodded and flew to dan's shoulder.

"goodbye magnus. it was seriously nice knowing you and uh.. goodluck!" dan waved with a small chuckle.

"thanks. i seriously need it." magnus smiled.

"goodbye dan."

kouzo let in a sigh, staring at the portal for a second before stepping in and setting foot back into his world.

the portal then closed soon after and magnus stood there, left alone in the dark desolate room. he looked over at the potion which still held dan's blood and clicked his tongue before walking away out of the room, nillious following behind.

dan and magnus, never saw eachother again.

but if that were the case this story would be over! truthfully, it has just gotten started..