12: dan and drago reappear

dan fell back to earth. literally.

when the portal was summoned back in los volmos, it opened up just a few feet off the ground. not too big of a drop to completely injure the teen but still enough to leave him groaning once he fell face first into the grass.

"o-ouch..!" dan groaned as he slowly sat up, rubbing the side of his head and taking in the sight of where he landed. that place being, studio d's backyard. how it felt great to be back home!.. the impact of his fall? not so much.

''im sorry i didn't catch you that time, dan." drago said, flying down on his knee in small form.

".. it's okay." dan smiled wearily, setting both hands down to the floor. "good thing is we're back home! i bet everyone was worried sick about us."

"dan!" a familiar voice calls out at the sight of his best friend. it was wynton followed by shun and lia. the trio all run up to him, shun helps dan stand back up.

"wow so that portal just brought you here? talk about fast travel." lia giggled.

"everyone was so scared when you disappeared like that. but looks like it just teleported you to studio d." shun said.

"man. where can I get a personal portal like that?'' wynton chuckled causing shun and lia to laugh as well. dan however, was confused. his friends only assuming he was teleported here? how long did they search for him? if they had searched at all..

"teleported here? wait wait, how long was i gone for?"

"between the time we ran from the city avenue down here.." wynton said with a finger to his chin. "like.. 5 minutes?''

"five minutes?!" dan and drago exclaimed.

"after everything we've been through there's no way that was only 5 minutes." drago said.

"yeah! five minutes? more like 5 hours." dan added. he then guessed maybe time worked differently in the vampire world then the human one. he did remember magnus saying vampires age differently and whatnot.. but who knew it had to do with the fact that time moves faster!

"5 hours? geez, what did you go through?" lia dared to ask.

and dan grinned having asked that, glad to explain. "well..!" and so kouzo went on to explain the events up until that point. he told his friends about the freak-o vampires that tried to drink his blood, all about magnus the nice vampire that saved his life and even about his crazy parents and how they wanted him to marry a girl named athena. all that calminating in a confused and bewildered reaction from his friends.

"and that's what basically happened." dan said.

"so what you're saying is.. you were teleported to a world full of vampires and man eating dogs?" wynton asked just to clarify.

"i think magnus' parents mentioned there being witches and gouls as well." dan smiled.

"wow that's insane." shun said.

"the most insane story you ever made up!" lia laughed, wynton and shun following soon after of course. "a vampire stuck in a forced marriage? oh, dan! all those fantasy movies you watch are getting to your head!"

dan blushed a red as deep as his button up. he should have known better than his friends to believe him and if that part of only being gone for 5 minutes (in earths time) was true than it made sense.
dan, also, was known for getting lost in his imagination more than the brunette liked to admit. so it was easy to chock up this event as another one of daniel's silly stories.

"vampires aren't real dan, there's no such thing as monsters or witches either." wynton chuckled and patted his friend's back.

"but this really happened!" dan persisted. "just ask drago, he'll tell you it was true as well.." dan turned to his small dragon best friend who flew beside him. "..right dude?''

when the rest of the awesome brawlers turned to the bakugan, he closed his eyes and nodded silently.

but the group just assumed dan had gotten drago to agree for the sake of creditability.
"yeah yeah. whatever you say dan," the blue haired of the group giggled. "let's all just get back inside , i have a totally awesome idea for a video!"

"okay.'' shun  began to follow lia inside as the ventus brawler patted dan's shoulder and grinned. "that was seriously a good one dan. you should become an author or something." wynton laughed before walking into the studio leaving dan outside.

"aghh, why didn't they believe me?!" dan groaned.

"that's on you dan, you're always telling the weirdest stories." drago shrugged.

"i know but, this one actually happened!''

dan sighed and drago smiled, flying on top of his head & getting comfortable in the messy clusters of his brown hair.

"well, guess it was all just an adventure between you and i."

the teen chuckled. ''..you could say that."

//