13: i miss my vampire friend(!) already

the rest of the afternoon was a typical awesome brawlers sunday. the group filmed a sketch involving their bakugan and as lia edited it, the boys ordered pizza and played video games. but all the while, dan couldn't help but glance at the bandage round his wrist and ask,, 'what could magnus be up to now..?'

when the sun began to set, the friends walked out of the clubhouse laughing amongst themselves.

"i seriously wish the weekends were longer!'' dan groaned. ''now we have to go to boring school tomorrow and not hang out!''

"we can always just hang out after school, man.'' wynton laughed.

"i know but we'll have less time!"

"oh quit your whining dan, the week goes by fast anyway. it'll be the weekend again before you know it." lia chuckled, patting dan's shoulder which made dan laugh as well. okay, maybe he was whining a bit too much but he couldn't help it! school was so annoying. if he was king he would have made school illegal!

"let's just get home already!" drago sighed on his partners shoulder

"okay okay." dan giggled at his friend's impatience, listening though and began to walk his way home.

"goodnight guys. see you at school tomorrow." dan said.
"yeah goodnight!" lia called back

"goodnight!" the ventus and aqous brawlers wave back in unison before they too began to walk to their shared home.

kouzo walked his separate path, kicked a rock on the sidewalk as he kept his hands in his pockets and when a certain thought crossed his mind, he clicked his tongue and kicked another tiny stone that was in his way.

"shoot, I should have asked him that!" he groaned.

"asked who what?" drago questioned.

"magnus. should have asked him if he had any friends like us, if he also has a group of people he hangs out with." dan giggled then gasped when he thought of another thing. "his own studio d! his own awesome brawlers!? man, imagine?"

dan's excitement towards the vampire intrigued the little dragon on his shoulder. but not surprise him. "it's amazing how even after leaving that place you're still thinking about him." dragonoid chuckled.

"and how could I not?! he's a vampire prince living in a different totally magical world! if a vampire realm exists imagine how many other universes exist?! that's just.. totally awesome!" the red streaked took drago in his hands and did a little twirl a he giggled like a love struck teenager. "i just had so many questions I didn't get to ask him.. so many things I wanted to tell him.." the brunette then sighed. "shame I'll, never see him again."

drago furrowed his brows in sadness. although he didn't understand the feelings dan felt toward the elder, he could sense the wonder and curiosity he had for him. and he just generally didn't like seeing his human sad.. "dan. I know you're sad but remember this is for the better. a friendship between you two would have never worked." the pyrus said as he flew up to dan's eye level, catching his attention. " you have friends here. in your world. safe friendships."

dan thought about drago's words for a second, then nodded with a smile.

"you're right. I'm better off in the human world." he chuckled. drago smiled. "well that's settled. let's get you home now, your mother is waiting."

"yup!" with dan's chipped attitude back, the two walked along the sidewalk past the city when suddenly.

"oh! I should have asked magnus what he eats since he ditched the blood and all that.. was he vegan? dammit."