Chapter 10

Me and the bastard have texted constantly over the past week and it was nice

Me and the bastard have texted constantly over the past week and it was nice. I felt safe around him unlike my past, he made me feel good.

I've been on edge lately but I have no clue why. My gut has been telling me somethings wrong all week.

"Move over girl", I say pushing Noa slightly into the other side of the bed before my phone dings.

Unknown: I miss you amore, why have you been ignoring me?

Instant chills run through me but I try to shake them off hoping it's Emilio on a new phone.

He doesn't call you amore Adora you know who does.

My thoughts raced no matter how hard I tried to push them back down. I should feel safe because of who i'm in a family with right?

I have a feeling I know who it is. It was one of the biggest mistakes in my life but it was so fucking long ago it can't be.

I was 16

Me: Did you get a new phone #?

Emilio: No, why?

Me: Just wondering, ty.

Emilio: You okay tesoro?

I held a firm grip on my phone typing out a response before I erased it all.

It can't be.

I was now out of my bed pacing around my room with complete worry.

I could easily have this taken care of but if my father or anyone finds out i'm fucking dead.

I know the decision wasn't smart at all but I was 16.

"Oh fuck", I said as I kept on thinking. My thoughts were overflowing. Tears prickled at my eyes and I couldn't hold them back anymore.

I pick my phone back up with tears in my eyes before replying to the unknown message.

Me: Who is this?

Unknown: Amore that hurts, after all of these years you forgot about me?

I decide not to text back anymore.

I feel a panic attack coming and it's too late to stop it before it comes.

My chest is getting heavier and heavier and its getting hard to breathe. My tears are coming out harder than ever whilst I try to muffle them so mama doesn't hear. "Please no."

I just woke up from my nap and when I reached over to my phone I had multiple missed calls and text from Emilio.

I rub my eyes before clicking the button to call back. The phone doesn't even ring one time before it's answered

"Adora"