Chapter 22

I officially moved in my new house with only my help

I officially moved in my new house with only my help. Today when I went to call everyone they were all busy with a mission or whatever so I just didn't bother.

I was standing in my living room with boxes around me and Noa standing at my feet just taking it all in. Well what the fuck do I do now.

Is it bad that it only felt empty and lonely. I want to be excited, i've been waiting to have my own place my whole life but here I am moping.

I feel so ungrateful because i'm not jumping around and excited but maybe I needed the comfort of someone else in my house.

"Do you at least like it?" I asked Noa as I picked her up. Her soft fur rubbing on my arms and the purs that came from her told me that she at least liked it.

I walked over to my couch and plopped down on it whilst staring at the environment around me. I just couldn't help but think about Emilio, we have dinner tomorrow.

It's easy acting like we didn't fuck in front of his whole family but it's only easy because we grew up lying around the mafia. I knew Emilio had a soft spot for me but there's still something I can't figure out about him.

He was quiet and standoffish to everyone but his family. Everyone only knew him as a cold blooded killer but I have yet to see it. I knew that every time I wished to find out if he was truly as ruthless as they say I would regret it.

I want Emilio to scare me, I want to be afraid of him so I would be less attracted to him. All he does is make me like him and I hate it.

We have dinner together but that's not for a few more hours so I might as well start unpacking.

I threw on a white ribbed long sleeve shirt and some jeans. My hair was down and the more I looked at it in the mirror I wanted to cut it.

I haven't cut it in years and I think that's the problem.

I have no clue what i'm doing, I put on a bracelet and walked out of the bathroom. I had my own and it was huge which only reminded me of how lonely this place was.

The drive from my new place to the Luca's wasn't as far which was a good thing. Now Gianna and Emilio don't always have to offer to pick me up and shit.

I headed out the house and ruffled in my pockets for the keys I just had in my hands before sliding it into the lock.

I think I have been gaining weight, it hasn't bothered me but I definitely have been getting some looks from men more specifically.

The long stares at my ass that I feel from behind, the eyes bulging at my boobs all turn into feelings of disgust when they notice the rest of me.

I've been trying not to let it bother me because I couldn't give a shit what men think but damn the more it happens the more it's eating me up.

I slid my hands in pockets as I headed down to the garage to reach my car.

I didn't pass many people in the lobby on the way down besides the old man I seen sitting down at a round table everyday. We exchange light smiles every time we see t but something had his attention.

I fumbled my keys in my hand and hit the unlock button as the sound filled the air.

The leather on the seat was hot as I slid in. I popped the keys in the engine and locked the doors heading off to dinner.

I knocked on the door and brushed my hair out of my face as I waited to be let in. The guards that stood outside of the estate never made eye contact with me, like ever it was strange.

The door slowly started opening and butterflies swam up to my stomach. "Adora", the raspy voice I missed let out making my palms clammy. "Emilio, nice to see you."

"You look beautiful", he said as he stepped back to let me pass him. "Thank you", I smiled making sure not to look back because if I did I would show up to the table flushed and I don't need that.

As I walked into the house I could feel him watching me, but not directly my behind... me.

"Adora hi, i've missed you!", Alessia said as I turned the corner seeing her throw her apron on a chair. "I missed you too" my arms wrapped around her as I accepted her embrace.

"Go take a seat, I think Emilio and Adrian are the only ones out there so far." I smiled and headed out of the kitchen. I liked Adrian, i've known him forever but if anyone was to freak me out of small rumors it would be him.

I've heard some shit about him that makes my skin crawl and I don't have a weak stomach.

I felt both of their eyes on me as I entered the room and I took my normal seat across from Emilio. He had on a blue t-shirt and some jeans which was rare for him but I liked it.

"Hello Adora", Adrian's voice spoke out as he sat to the far right of me. "Hi Adrian, how are you?" I peered in his direction.

He was around 6'1 which was shorter than the rest of the guys and he was a little less bulky but he didn't lack attractiveness. Maybe everyone that they knew was attractive. Adrian had tattoos in every spot of skin you could look at it was interesting.

"I am just splendid, how are you Emilio?" Adrian's eyes moved to Emilio and he held a daring look in his eyes.

Did they have something going on?

"Im good actually, thank you for asking Adrian." The two exchanged looks for a good minute before the table started filling and conversation started taking place.

I spoke to my dad and dinner quickly came out and my mood instantly got better.

Hi besties, im sorry I haven't updated in a while im not in a good mental space. I have tried to come back to write this chapter like 8 times and I finally finished, it is a filler so I still hope you enjoyed :) anyways like always stay safe i love uuuu