Chapter 23

I'm going to pass out

My fingers are worn out, my head hurts, and I don't think I can see straight anymore. I have been filling out paperwork for my portion of the trade with my father.

Gianna and I have been working with my parents intensively for the past months working out all of the strings that needed to be pulled for the transition.

Since I was taking over my fathers mafia and Gianna did the same with my mother we had to make sure there were no slip ups in the process.

I looked at the time on my watch and realized it was 2am and i've been working since 4pm. I shut my computer and got up to head to the shower and quickly bathe before I went to sleep.

—————————➤

"Me and your mother are flying out in a couple of hours too Russia to make sure everything is set down there with them." My father said as he took a bite of a muffin at the table.

Russians.

That's how my parents almost died years ago. They are sneaky and fucking annoying.

I took a bite of my food as I looked at Gianna and we both held the same expression.

She whispered "idiots" at me and a low chuckle came out of my mouth.

We continued small talk at the table and my phone went off in my pocket.

Adora❤️: Hangout tonight?

Emilio: Yes of course, where at?

Adora❤️: My house whenever you are free later, I will cook and we can play games if you want :)))

I smiled to myself just at the mere thought of this woman.

Emilio: Okay, ill be there.

I sat my phone back on the table and went to take my phone back in the kitchen.

I passed a guard on the way there, and it was one I haven't recognized.

We've had the same guards for the past couple of years.

As I reached the kitchen I rinsed off my plate and set it in the sink and made my way back to the guard that stood against the wall near the dinning room.

When I first got near him again his body immediately stiffened. He was a tall man but he stood under me and he seemed scared for some reason.