1

A/N: Hey guys! I'm starting a new fanfic for fun. I hope you like it. It focuses on some dark topics though. The trigger warning is in the description and there will be a warning before each chapter where serious topics are discussed. 

I'm publishing chapter one on the 13th but from here on I'll publish a chapter every Monday. If the demand is higher, I'll update twice a week. There's a lot of plot twists coming up so brace yourselves. I'll also include a random Taylor Swift song at the beginning of each chapter. It might fit the chapter, it might not, it'll just be there so you have something to listen to while reading. Anyways, take care and I hope you enjoy :) 

~Annie's POV~ 

The house is quiet and empty at 7 in the morning. The only thing you can hear are the meows of my cat and my voice that replies to Hitch over the phone. The phone rests on my ear, supported by my shoulder. The laundry basked I carry around is attached to my hip. I use my other arm to open doors as I walk around my house, trying to finish the laundry before school. I know my father wont do it. I have to get going in five minute otherwise I won't make it in time for homeroom. Not that I care much but I don't wanna be written up again. 

"Why don't you let him fend for himself for a bit? You can't do all the work around the house."  Hitch says over the phone. She's rather annoyed that I'm the one doing everything around the house. Including bills and groceries. She's the only person in my life I can trust. My father isn't exactly the best person. He's never been. 

I sigh, also annoyed that I have to go over this again. "He's either passed out, drunk, angry or out of the house." 

I open the bathroom and walk in. I load all the laundry into the washing machine and press a couple of buttons. It doesn't start. I frown and deeply sigh before hitting it a few times. There's a content smile on my face when the old washing machine finally starts spinning. I just hope the bathroom doesn't get flooded like it did last fall. That was a mess. 

I got up late this morning since I stayed up last night doing homework. I barely had time to do the laundry, let alone have breakfast. Not that there's anything for breakfast. But, I always find the time to feed my cat, even if it means running to school.

"So?" I can practically hear the unamused frown on Hitch's face. "Let him do some work for once. If he doesn't, he'll have nothing to wear and he'll starve." 

For a moment, I don't know what to reply with. Hitch has a point, but at the end of the day, he's my father. I can't let him starve. I look down only to see my cat - Taylor - circling around my legs. Her grey fur looks slightly frizzy in this cold, winter morning. She's meowing, asking for breakfast as usual. 

"I'll see you at school, Hitch." I say over the phone. "I gotta feed Taylor." 

"Think about what I said, okay?" She yells before I hang up. "See ya!" 

It most likely wouldn't even cross my mind after this. I take the phone off my ear and end the call. I look back at Taylor and slightly smile. 

"At least being fed is the only thing you gotta worry about." She's staring up at me, meowing. She perches up on her hind legs and puts her front paws on my leg, stretching. "Let's go get you breakfast." 

I exit the bathroom and Taylor happily trots after me. She's purring. I walk back to my room and grab her food bowl. Her kibble is kept hidden in my wardrobe so my dad wont find it. He has a habit of destroying everything I've worked for in order to find extra money for alcohol. That's why I have to hide my important belongings. Sometimes my father finds where I've hidden the money I make. And then I'm left with no way to buy food. But no matter how broke I am, I always manage to get Taylor something to eat. Even if it means I have to go without food for a few days. In a way, we saved each other. She was a stray who ran over when she saw me standing on the edge of a bridge, staring down at the running water. To her, it probably seemed like I was gonna jump. But I was just admiring the view. At least I think.