20

~Annie's POV~ 

Armin does things to me. Things that I usually wouldn't let anyone else do. He makes me feel emotional. He makes me feel like it's safe to be vulnerable around him. He makes me act differently. He makes me feel loved. I'm not usually this way around anyone. How is he the one to do this to me? I'm falling. I'm falling so deeply in love with him and everything he does. 

He is sensible and so incredible. And all my single friends are jealous. He says everything I need to hear and it's like I couldn't ask for anything better. Just two weeks ago, he told me he loved me on our first date. Never in my life have I heard those words being directed at me. It felt... strange. Some part of it hurt and still hurts. But it also felt - no, it also feels good. It was the best feeling I've ever experienced. To know someone cared enough to tell me they love me is something special. Yet some part of it still feels like a hoax. How much of that does he mean? Is he only saying it out of pity because he knows what my life is like? I've been lied to before so it's hard to trust everything he says. Why am I even doubting him? I don't want to doubt him. I love him. 

It's been two weeks since our first date. Since then, Armin and I have shared plenty of sleepless nights in the park, hanging out with the same kitten we saw. I fed him the cat food. He's grown bigger now. We named him August after the Taylor Swift song. We started school again. Floch's been picking on Armin but I'd like to say I've done a decent job of shutting him up.  Hitch and Marlowe are getting more serious by the day. They're moving pretty fast, even planning out their entire life together. Armin wants to take things slow. I often think about the future with him but I never bring it up. It all feels like a blur sometimes. 

I haven't added a new painting to my gallery in two weeks. Armin says he's proud of me. He's the only one getting me through life. He texts me every night to wish me a good rest. He texts me in the morning as well to make sure I've woken up. He helps me with homework, makes sure I've eaten, tells me he loves me. He's incredible. And I... I'm forever indebted to him. I feel guilty to have to do this to him. It must be so draining. But he smiles through it each day. I'd like to say I'm getting better but deep down I know I'm not. I'm only pretending for him. So he can have some closure and he can feel like he's helped me. After all his efforts, he deserves it. 

At the gentle touch of my hand, I look up and smile at him. He gives me a comforting smile before looking back at Ms. Nanaba. He's cute when he's focused. He writes something down in his notes before turning his attention back to the lesson. Everyone's been acting weird today. When I entered the school, everyone was staring at me, whispering words I couldn't hear. I wonder if Armin's felt it yet or if it's just me. 

"So," Ms. Nanaba circles around the classroom. "I want all of you to do a book report on "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." She says. Armin looks over at me and grins. He's obsessed with any nerdy fantasy series. Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Twilight, Percy Jackson, Narnia... You name it, he's read it. He especially loves "The Hunger Games". I smile back at him to share his excitement. He's glowing. It's adorable how excited he gets over something so small. Armin's got this innocent smile on his face. It's a little too innocent, if you ask me. He has a joyful look in his eyes that forms a wrinkle by their crease when he squints. Holy Swift, I love him.

"Let me walk you to Biology." I suggest after class ends. Armin and I are making small talk while packing up. He agrees to it and we walk out. We're treading the hallways when an arm wraps around my neck and pushes me closer to Armin. 

"How's my favorite pair of lovebirds!?" An all too familiar voice says. 

I scoff, playfully annoyed. "Hey Hitch." 

Hitch let's us go and walks between us. "So, how would you feel if someone were to spread rumors about you two sleeping together?" 

I raise an eyebrow, curious. "In the Everlark type of way or the non-PG type of way?" Armin curiously looks over at me at the mention of Everlark.