chapter one : childhood

At Los Angeles Memorial Hospital, three new babies were born

At Los Angeles Memorial Hospital, three new babies were born... on the same day at the same time. Three nurses held the babies as they stood together. "Look at that beautiful baby! That's me, Tessa Andrews. That cute baby girl next to me, that's one of my best-friends, Elle... And the smelly, less-cute baby boy right next to us? That's our other best friend Lee." Tessa narrated.

"Elle, Lee and I were born on the same day, at the same time, here in Los Angeles, California. Our moms were BFFs before people even used the term "BFF," so we were raised like triplets and we've been pretty much inseparable ever since." Tessa continued to narrate as it showed the now five year old children were going to an arcade.

"I don't remember a lot from before high school, but for as long as I can remember, Elle, Lee and I have absolutely loved to dance... well for me, I LOVED IT!" Tessa said as the young ones began to dance on the three player Dance-Dance Mania game.

Time sped up and the five year olds were now seven year olds... still at the arcade dancing. "Anyway a lot of stuff has happened between now and then. Let me get you up to speed. After finding my love for dance with the help of that dance-dance mania game... I started Dance when I was six. Which I am awesome at! Then there was Christmas, I got a Barbie dollhouse. Elle got a Barbie dance party. Lee got a scooter..." Tessa narrated.

"Elle broke her leg riding Lee's scooter. Lee and I signed her cast and we bought her ice cream to make up for breaking her leg. Got my first Dance Championship Trophy, yep... I'm awesome at dancing." The young Tessa was at her Dance Championship holding her trophy as her family, the Flynn family and the Evans's family clapped for her.

"Discovered my love for headbands. Dressed as a witch for Halloween, Elle went as a cowboy and Lee went as a doctor. Learned how to ride a bike, learned how to swim." Tessa narrated as it showed her, Elle and Lee in their costumes but as well as her learning to ride a bike and swim.

"Got protected by My older brother, Logan and Lee's older brother Noah, who chased off some bullies who were hassling us...Had to pay protection tax, though." Noah gave Lee a wedgie as Logan took Tessa and Elle's ice cream.

"Discovered the place that we loved to dance most." Now they were eleven year olds. "Watched Lee catch his first fish. Watched Noah in his first fight. He won. Dressed as the Max Hatter for Halloween. Elle went as a fireman and Lee went as some weird bird." Tessa narrated.

"Found out that Elle's mom was sick. Went to visit with my family for the first time. Tried to get used to seeing her there... she was like my aunt. Got in a fight with Elle and Lee over who's the best dancer. Made up by getting them ice cream." Tessa narrated.

"Got in a fight with Noah for beating up Lee." The young Tessa argued with Noah as Logan stood next to him as Elle helped Lee. "Made up with Noah by letting him fix my bike. He is so handy!" Young Tessa watched Young Noah as she thought he was dreamy.

"Got my first bra. Didn't really need it. Discovered I like cheer." Tessa narrated and the young Tessa was in her first cheer practice. "Discovered a way to get to our favorite place to dance." Tessa, Elle and Lee were dancing and then they were fourteen. Noah and Logan hung out at the arcade due to taking them. As the two older guys talked to girls they looked over to the three, Noah mostly watched Tessa as he laughed at her goofiness as Logan did the same but at Elle.

"Discovered that I REALLY loved to draw and make clothes! But also, discovered I am also amazing at cheer!" Tessa narrated as she drew a model in her own clothes that she drew but also then created and tried them on... they looked amazing, then in cheer practice, she did an amazing flip as she was cheering. "Had a tough talk with Mom and Dad. Sat with Aunt Joni and Elle in the hospital. Elle and I tried to help her put makeup on. Not much help." Tessa narrated as they tried to help her.

"Held her hand a long time. Only cried when she was asleep." Tessa said as the two bestfriends cried with each other. "Tried to score my first kiss with Randy Melrose. Wasn't exactly a love connection." Tessa narrated as she got sneezed on by Randy.

"Watched Noah getting really, really cute!" Tessa narrated as she watched him from time to time on the football field during her cheer practice. "Watched Noah in yet another fight. He won. The other guy didn't die but probably only because my brother stopped the fight." Tessa narrated as Logan pulled Noah off.

"Got my period! Finally! Dressed as Wednesday Addams for Halloween

"Got my period! Finally! Dressed as Wednesday Addams for Halloween. Elle was a pirate. Lee was the Black Swan. Said goodbye to Aunt Joni. Had a lot to say. Told her all about Noah." Tessa narrated as she talked to her about it. When Tessa couldn't talk to her parents about a secret she would sometimes go to Joni or Sara Flynn, Lee and Noah's mom.

 When Tessa couldn't talk to her parents about a secret she would sometimes go to Joni or Sara Flynn, Lee and Noah's mom

"Watched Noah ride his motorcycle for the first time. Watched Lee try to ride Noah's motorcycle. Watched Noah teach Lee a lesson for sitting on his motorcycle." Tessa and Elle winced at Lee's wedgie given to him by Noah.

Now the three best-friends were sixteen. "Celebrated with Lee when he got his dream car. Got my driver's license! Learned that girls can be really mean. Played Seven Minutes in Heaven. Fail!" Tessa narrated as she head butted a guy as she went to kiss him.

"Got a bra I suddenly did need! Wondered why I still hadn't been kissed yet or even been on a date." Tessa narrated as she began a pillow fight with Elle and Lee. "No big deal, I guess. Realized I had a crush on Noah. Got over my crush on Noah... mostly." Tessa narrated as she watched him come out of the ocean water. She was biting her lip trying to look away.

The three bestfriends who were dancing at the arcade, Tessa narrated during it, "Well

The three bestfriends who were dancing at the arcade, Tessa narrated during it, "Well... I think that's about it. And that's blonde girl right there... that's me today, savoring the last fleeting moments of summer with Elle at Lee's totally awesome house. It's moments like this that make me wish things could stay this way forever..." Tessa narrated.