Chapter 16

Naruto looked at his clock. It was already morning. It felt like he had just been sleeping for just an hour. But he knew that he had slept more than that. That was a new experience for him. The sleep was not the most of pleasant. Perhaps it was the headache. Shaking his head, Naruto got out of his bed.

He was only wearing short dark blue pants and nothing on top. His well tone chest left naked. He walked towards his gunbai which was hanged on a wall inside the bedroom. He took it and place it on the ground before channeling chakra through it. Seal arrays stretched around the Gunbai. He bit his thump drawing some blood before swiping the blood across the belly of the gunbai.

Right there beside the wall, he went through two hand seals before placing both his hands on the ground. His chakra spread across the floor before a seal not so much different from the one that was on his gunbai.

Naruto picked up his gunbai. He channeled his chakra through the gunbai before he hit the seal on the floor with the base of the gunbai and then he was gone.

The hideout

Naruto walked out from his room towards the dark passages of his hideout. He left the gunbai in his room. He was still wearing nothing but short blank pants.

He walked for a few minutes before reaching a large room that could only be described as a lab. Zetsu was already inside the lab. He turned towards Naruto and spoke, ''I can't believe that you can still walk like that,'' he said.

''Just barely...'' Naruto said. ''Is it ready?''

''Yes, I should give you the rest of it later today,'' the plant like artificial human replied.

Naruto nodded and walked towards a pot holding steaming liquid. A small cup was just beside it. He took the cup and downed it inside the pot. He brought out the cup and looked at it.

''You should wait for it to cool down,'' Zetsu said.

''It does not matter if I drink it hot or cold,'' Naruto replied before drowning the liquid inside the cup. He emptied it with a few gulps. One could see that whatever it was that he was drinking was bitter by the look on his face.

Zetsu just nodded. Naruto was the one who compiled the herbs. He was just told to cook everything. So he knew no better than Naruto.

He waited for a minute and his Sharingan activated. He smiled at the change. His skin seemed to be regaining its normal color. Naruto then turned to Zetsu. ''You did not tell me how things went at your end last night,'' he said.

''I wanted to but you said cooking the herbs was important, so I left without telling you,'' Zetsu pointed out earning a silent nod from Naruto.

''It was important, you know that,'' Naruto said blankly.

''The village has yet to be rebuild. Guren is still working on hiring contractors. Some of the buildings you designed can't be build by just anyone. But I have already set her up with everything else she will need. So I believe that everything will begin in about a week.''

''Good,'' Naruto said. ''Make sure that it does not take more than that week to begin. I don't want anything going out of scheduled time. I want everything to go along with my timetable and accordingly.''

''Will do that,'' Zetsu responded.

''How are the people taking Orochimaru's death?''

''Most of them are celebrating while a few are angry and have sworn to kill that who killed their master. But Guren has everything under control.''

''Some wish to kill me?'' Naruto mused. ''If they try to disturb the rebuilding process call me. I will ''quite'' them, I can't have anything standing in the way of rebuilding Oto.''