Chapter 32: Monster? God..? The Sage

''You are leaving,'' it was not a question, but an observation. Mei was looking at Naruto who was getting dressed, he had already taken a shower before that. It was still early in the morning, she was in no hurry to go to work. She had thought he would at least stay for breakfast. But a woman was not going to get everything she wanted. How disappointing.

''Yes, I have two problems to deal with today - they should be dealt with by the end of the day. For that to happen, I need some time to meditate before looking to dealt with the,'' Naruto responded quitely. He had told Obito that he would not see the end of today. He would hunt the man down and torture him. He also had to deal with Iwa shinobi. They will be good for genua pigs though.

''Ah, so much for a lovely morning,'' Mei heaved a sigh as she got out of bed. She looked at her blond, it would have been a little better if he pretended to check her out. But he never makes the effort. Sometimes she wondered if he really was normal. ''What do you have to deal with?''

''I have to kill a nuisance and test something with Iwa's army headed towards Otogakure,'' Naruto responded so casually, that you would not guess to think he was actually talking about killing someone. More to that, Mei knew that the army was surely going to see some impossible things.

''Iwagakure is planning an attack on Otogakure? I had thought the Tsuchikage would do something like that. It seems he has beat the Raikage to it since I have not heard anything about him. I have no doubt that A is aware of Ohonki's army heading towards Oto,'' Mei responded not too surprised about the matter.

''He is aware of this. He must be waiting to see how Iwagakure will do.'' Naruto responded calmly. Jiraiya too had to know of this, so the Raikage was also aware. The man would not do anything untill he could see the battle between Oto and Iwa. Too bad he was not going to get it. Iwa would face an immovable mountain and that mountain would crush them.

''You know this will raise the tensions that already exists. Iwa and Kumo will all think that Konoha is becoming too strong. They will feel threatened, Konoha already has allies in Suna and Kiri,'' Mei stated looking straight at Naruto.

''There is nothing to worry about. I will handle everything,'' Naruto responded with a small wave of his hand. He had finished dressing up by now. He walked towards Mei, and kissed her on her forehead. ''The next time I appear it will be with Yugao.''

Mei smiled warmy. ''You know, I could get used to this,'' she said in a sweet tone.

Naturally, Naruto looked at the woman with an impassive expression for a moment. But his lips twitched into a small smile. But he did not say anything, though. He just disappeared.

''It sure feels different from when he was still a jackass. Well, he still is, he is just getting a little better with other people,'' Mei muttered to herself with a soft smile. A question sneaked into her mind that made her smile. 'What if these was all just a phase? She had no doubt that there was some kindness in Naruto's mind. Or perhaps she just misunderstood something in him as kindness.'

Mei shook her head, ridding of the troubling thoughts. Since she was already up, she may as well take a shower and resume the usual order.

Three hours later (Otogakure)

''This place has the kind of quiteness that attracts me,'' Naruto said, loud enough for everyone close to him to hear him. But there was no one close to him as he spoke those words. There was little activity within this palace, this makes this place much more toleralable than other places. It was surely a place for him to dwell. He walked into the office that housed Guren with his natureal look on his face. But he was surely calm given all the meditation he had been going through for the past three hours.