Chapter 49

A calm morning for the Emperor, worry free, no amount of noise brought into his ears by a crying child. It was starting up like one of those days he could just doze off while relaxing on his throne. But it wasn't going to be like that. The usual routine was mightily disturbed when his senses picked up something moving dangerously towards the city.

He had been alarmed. They might be in war, he hadn't thought that anyone would dare attack his city like this. The energy beams coming towards the city were headed straight to the royal palace. The place where Etsu lived. He may not have accounted for something like this happening, but it had to be dealt with and then he would kill whoever threatened his peace like this.

Threatening the life of his Etsuko was a sin punishable with death. No one was going to be forgiven for crossing that line. He had not even threatened any other village with destruction like this.

The Emperor shook his head. This was war. What did he expect? Anything could go when people were fighting a war. He was being a child being surprised that someone would do what he wasn't willing to do.

Onoki had done it before and now the Raikage was doing it. Damn Kages. Still, it didn't mean that he had no right to be angry over the threat to his people. Innocent people for that matter. If he hadn't been here, this attack would kill thousands of people.

While in the comfort of his throne, Naruto raised some of the divine trees he had planted, just to try to block the beams before they could reach the city.

It started with a frown when the Emperor came to a realization that nothing was going to stop those beams until they hit something hard. He grew infuriated at the thought of some monkey putting his child in danger like this. Yugao, Samui, they were all inside the palace. Attacking him like this was just a blatant poke at the container of his wrath.

What was more infuriating was when he realized that there were more attacks coming in the city. By people. His 'eyes' within the city spotted some dangerous activities within the city, by people he called his subordinates. Traitors.

At this rate his palace was really at risk. Etsu. The thought came back again.

No one who put his child in danger was worthy of forgiveness. Only death awaited. Further, this was his holy ground, his high place. The appointed ground of a god. To think that someone would be daring enough to attack this. This would do much damage to the palace and him of course.

As his attempts to stop the beams failed, Naruto grew infuriated when he picked up a third attack. The was a disturbance in the ground that was outside his country's walls. Diversion tactics. He hadn't thought that A would do something so daring.

He was infuriated. The man had the guts to attack him like this. He should also have the guts to stand him in battle.

The idea was possibly to have him sacrifice the himself protecting the city while another attack was mounted in all corners. Ironic. They planned for him to die in a similar way his father died. It was infuriating. He had done everything to make sure that he wasn't forced to go through something like that.

Did they know that Etsuko existed? If they did, who could have told them? Was it a rat in the capital. So much for loyalty. If they knew and had planned for an ironic death... leave his child fatherless like he did. Probably suffer like he did. Obviously, the world would hate her for being his child. She would go through what he did.

Subconsciously, the disturbed thought of him caused his power to leak out of him without even realizing. He didn't even notice when the Truth seeking balls started to spin around him. He only became aware when Karin bust into the throne room.