Chapter 30: Heart of the Rejected Hero

''That was a little disappointing,'' Naruto stated repeating the same words he had said after dispersing his perfect Susano'o. He was even ignoring the fact that Konan was on the ground beside a dead Nagato. The woman also did not seem to be minding too much about him. Her attention was on her long life partner. ''I had expecting to do more damage than this. If things continue like this I may never have that dance of death.'' He had to admit that it was getting boring having to fight opponents he could defeat. He needed someone who could push him to his limits. Where were Hashirama and Madara when you needed them?

Perhaps he may have to revive Madara afterall.

How he could be so indifferent and sound so disappointed about the fact that he did not get the good fight he had hoped for after all the destruction he had done and the fact that Nagato lay dead, baffled Konan. Even she could not be like that in this kind of situation. She felt without words to say to him. What could she say? If he charged that monster of a Susano'o again, he would surely kill her without much trouble. She had watched him battle a man she never thought could be defeated. Yet he did so, even when Nagato had gotten his mobility back and a power boost. He had become even stronger than he was.

''I sense some shinobi coming this way,'' Naruto stated. They were no doubt coming here because of all the commotion that had taken place during his battle with Nagato.

He was looking at the side of the Five-tails. The shinobi were coming by that side. It would take a few more minutes for them to get here.

''I better be leaving then,'' Konan said wrapping Nagato's corpse with her paper jutsu. Naruto had already taken the Rinnegan away from Nagato. She really did not have much of an option in the matter. The blond had said he would take the eyes because they belonged to him. That had been before he drove his sword through Nagato's chest.

She had to leave now though. People did not really take kindly to seeing the Akatsuki cloak. She was in no mood to face shinobi who wanted to do battle with her. She would probably blow everyone up within seconds. After what she had been shown and told, she needed to calm down a bit and relax before re-thinking her objectives.

She still wished for peace, but she had been a fool along with Nagato. That bastard probably knew Nagato would be killed today, he seemed to know much about Naruto that much. But now she knew much about him. He probably won't be expecting her to have been told about him, especially by Naruto. The blond had only bothered to tell them because he was going to kill Nagato. He could tolerate her existence because she still had a purpose his cruel world.

''I will visit you Amegakure soon. And since I believe that news will soon travel fast the ''God of Amegakure'' has fallen in battle, you might be having some more enemies. But I doubt someone with your capabilities will not be able to handle them,'' Naruto stated, still looking towards the Bijuu that was probably unconscious.

It irked her that he could talk so carelessly without even looking at her. Was it not the basic of shinobi to never show your back to the enemy? Yet, here he was standing before her, if was a tempter of fate, she could move to strike him down. Nagato was never this careless. He always had his back watched by more than two years.

Konan did not say a word to him. She simply disappeared with Nagato's body, leaving the blond alone.

''What an odd woman,'' Naruto stated as Konan left silently. He disappeared off to collect his tools before heading to the Bijuus he had subdued.

''What are you going to do with them?'' Zetsu stated as he appeared behind Naruto.

''I will take then to the Dragon Land. They will probably be fighting with the Kyuubi,'' but he did not care about that. It was the best place to keep the Bijuu without having to deal with children trying to capture it for their use. He needed the Bijuu far away. He would do well to avoid meaningless battles with Gakis who can't even lay a hand on him.