Chapter 19

''You did not take long,'' Zetsu said as he appeared before Naruto. The blond only had a minute since reverse summoning himself to Dragon Land. Zetsu had been here since he left Naruto. He figured since Naruto would not stop by the hideout first, he would come here straight. He had decided to come also here.

''There was nothing holding me,'' Naruto responded walking. He had to find the Kyuubi. The beast never stayed in one place. But it was not that hard to find. Zetsu could tell him where it was.

''I thought Yugao would keep you given the events of yesterday. What I have observed about women is that after experiencing such things, they tend to become very emotional,'' Zetsu explained while he walked beside Naruto.

''Yugao is an ANBU, she has experienced traumatic events in the past. She is used to experiencing things like that. She cannot think like the women you have been observing,'' Naruto said folding his hands across his chest.

Anbu were trained to control their emotions. They had better control of their emotions that anyone. The kind of missions they did had them experience and see a lot of cruel and evil things - things that could break anyone. Their minds were programmed to handle and be able to deal with traumatic events as they usually dealt with them in their missions.

Yugao was trained as such - an Anbu. Her mind worked differently from other women. She has experienced a lot of things herself. The experiences made her different. True, deep inside she was still a woman and perhaps her heart may be fragile to emotional pain. But experiencing a small thing like being kidnapped by Danzou was not enough to break her. He had not done anything to her.

He certainly would have been surprised if she started releasing tears because of the event. If she had done that, then he would have been proven wrong about her mental capabilities. He was glad that he was proven right though. She did not act as any normal woman would react to being kidnapped.

''What about Karin? She has never been Anbu and she is not a shinobi,'' Zetsu said. The girl had never been trained to be a shinobi. She did not experience what shinobi usually came across. She did not have the mental discipline of a shinobi.

''She worked with Orochimaru,'' that was the only answer that needed to be given. Anyone who worked with Orochimaru had to be able to stand anything. The snake was capable of doing many things. Karin saw some things that would make some think twice about entering Orochimaru's hideouts.

Zetsu merely nodded. That needed no explanation. The answer was obvious. ''I wonder how you would have dealt with it, though, if one of them had become emotional...'' he said with a thoughtful expression.

He knew too well that Naruto would not be able to solve that kind of mess. He had his own experiences about pain and emotional breakdown. But he experienced them himself. That was years ago. It happened to his young fragile mind. Then he met Madara, his mind was reprogrammed again. One could say he was reborn.

Knowing Naruto, he would have simply knocked her out to avoid dealing with it. He would never hold someone and comfort them, not now at least.

Naruto merely shrugged in response. He did not even give it a thought. It did not happen, there was no need for him to dwell on it if it did not happen. He would give it his all to make sure that it never happens.

The two then walked silently towards the Kyuubi. When they finally reached the Bijuu, they found it sleeping peacefully. Well that is what it seemed like until its eyes snapped open. It merely stared at them with its huge silted blood-red eyes. If it was there, it might have had a brow raised in question of their presence.

''You are enjoying you freedom,'' Naruto said impassively looking straight at the Kyuubi.

The Kyuubi would have snorted if it were in the past but it did not. It began swinging its tails slowly as it took its time to respond to Naruto's words. ''I should enjoy it since I have been given it,'' finally, the Bijuu said.