Chapter 35

''Hello, Kazekage,'' Naruto greeted as he appeared within Gaara's office.

''Naruto,'' Gaara took a look at the person in front of his desk. It was definitely Naruto, but he was curious, he looked older and his hair had grown much longer. The younger look was all but a memory now. However, that was nothing, what was terrifying was the amount of power he was feeling from the blond - The power that was far superior than anything he has ever felt from anyone. ''What happened to you?'' He could only ask that, even though he knew the blond had come here for something.

''Evolution,'' Naruto responded calmly. ''I'm not here for small talk.''

''I'd imagine so,'' Gaara stated, knowing that the blond wasn't the one who visits people to see their health. ''Then, what can I do for you?''

''You'll have to follow me,'' Gaara wasn't given much time to respond as he suddenly disappeared from his office. He appeared within the desert of the Wind Country, a bit far away from his village. ''I have come for the Bijuu that resides inside of you.''

Gaara fixed Naruto a stern look. ''That isn't an option. If I remember correctly, when a Bijuu is extracted, its Jinchuriki dies. I'm afraid I cannot die now, there is still much I have to do.''

''Don't worry about dying. I will still return you to your office after I have completed the extraction.'' Naruto responded, walking a bit closer to the Jinchuriki. The sand around Gaara began to move swiftly, causing the blond to come to a halt.

''What do you plan to do with Shukaku?''

''It is nothing bad. Don't worry, Gaara, I only plan on ensuring that no one can ever become a Jinchuriki ever again. I don't plan on fighting you over this; so will you simply stand still as I remove your burden?''

Gaara was silent for a few moments. If he was anyone, he would have been thrilled at the prospect of having his burden removed from him. But, ''Shukaku is no longer a burden to me.''

''I see,'' Naruto responded calmly. ''But it doesn't change anything. I will still take Shukaku from you.''

''I thank you for sparring my life years ago, but I cannot allow that to happen.'' Gaara said. He was indeed thankful that his life had been spared years ago, but he wasn't gone to allow this to happen if he could help it.

''It appears so,'' Naruto heaved a sigh. ''I guess I have no choice then,'' he went through hand seals, before slamming his hands on the ground. ''Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Gedo Mazo.''

In a monstrous puff of smoke, the demonic statue of the Outer Path appeared within the desert. Its mere presence was enough to forced Gaara to take a step back. Its roar tore through the desert, in a terrifying sound that reached down to the core of his being. What made Gaara's heart beat a bit faster was the fact that despite the obvious power the statue was emitting, Naruto still felt stronger than it. He knew that this was one fight he couldn't win.

He'd heard much about Naruto's strength, he had faced the blond before, but that was long ago. He had grown up now, and it appears that Naruto has grown far better than him.

Naruto didn't look like he was going to battle, no he was standing behind his summon, arms folded across his chest. It was odd. He knew Naruto liked to fight, but he didn't appear to be looking forward to fighting him. Was he simply going to allow the summon to fight him?

'That isn't just a summon you fool!' Shukaku growled out within Gaara's head.

'What is it then?' Gaara questioned, in a curious tone.

'You don't need to know, but you can't defeat that thing alone. If that thing is not enough, you have him. You have sensed that he is almost three times as powerful as he was when you faced him.'