Chapter 44

Complete indifference to everything that was around him, a slightly bored look covering the parts of his face that was visible; that is how Shion could describe what he was seeing of the Emperor. Even with countless bodies all around him, blood sputtered around, he looked as though it was nothing. Not even a drop of blood touched him, even when he didn't appear to mind where his feet touched. But she could not deny the power of his, it was almost omnipotent. The rumors were not far fetched, he had no peers, no friends when it came to power.

But then again, things were made a lot easier because he was dealing with weaker shinobi and merceneries than he usually does.

He hadn't even arrived into the country for more than an hour and he'd already eradicated all connections to the mercenry group which was after her person. He'd destroyed all camps, all missin-nin surrounding her place of residents after her men had been defeated. He defeated everyone without even seeming like he was trying. It looked as though he was being forced to punish misbaving children. He certainly looked down on her enemies, and didn't even consdier them to be worth anything to even bother to attempt striking a conversation with them - he'd simply dealt with them without even a word to them.

Shion had always known of his power, and much more about his personality, but she'd never been quite close to him like this before. The so-called self-serving, arrogant and evil emperor was walking towards her, all alone. His white kimono flashing through the dead bodies, without being defiled by anything - something she took curiosoity in.

With the bodies a back ground, and her person close by, the Emperor spoke, his expression changing as he did. ''It isn't healthy for the Priestess to see such a scene,'' he said, suddenly and a great blaze of black flames lit up around the ground, burning everything that was bloody. Still, he didn't seem to take interest in it. Even when the flames suddenly disappeared, leaving nothing but an unclothed ground.

''There isn't much of a choice for me in the matter, really,'' shion said calmly. She chose not to comment on what just happened as he didn't seem like he was sparring it much of a thought. But then again, she couldn't even begin to guess what was going on inside his head.

''There is always a choice, Priestess,'' Naruto stated, finally reaching her. ''Life is a choice, everything is a choice once you're born into this world. You chose to stand here, nobody dragged you, nobody would've said otherwise if you'd chosen to remain hidden somewhere in a burrow,'' he walked past her, moving into her compound.

Shion followed him behind, ''what i meant to say was that I was bound by duty,'' the woman corrected herself. ''Though I am grateful for the save, I don't think that you came all the way here just to save me; you have people for that,'' she stated.

''Must I always be second guessed in everything I do?'' the Emperor paused for a moment, waiting for something. Sasuke then flashed behind the two.

''I see you've already cleaned up everything,'' the Uchiha said walking up to catch the two. He didn't bother sparring the remaining of Shion's forces a look as he went towards the priest and the Emperor. They were of no interest, so why bother. ''Well, I should have expected that,'' but that still begged the question why he was even here in the first place. He didn't seem like he wanted to come to this place when he told him to help clean up the mess.

''You were supposed to take her away to the capital,'' Naruto stated. He had specifically told the Uchiha to take the woman out of her country to take her back to his palace, as he had foreseen matters like this happening.

''She didn't want to,'' Sasuke responded with a shrug of his shoulders. ''Besides, it would have caused an outrage from her people if I had taken her away by force,'' the Uchiha added calmly. He wasn't at least concerned about the disregard of Naruto's orders as it wasn't the first time things didn't go as planned, but he always got the job done.