Chapter 27: The new and the old; a bit of both

Amegakure

Nagato, looking through the eyes of Tendou, looked at the peaceful and rainy village of Amegakure. He had collected the six-tails and now he was waiting for the day all the Akatsuki members could reach their objectives. But the current plan was put to a halt since the two-tails was not recovered. You had to remember that Shukaku was also not captured. This whole plan was not going as well planned. He had thought things would go smoothly, but nothing has gone well. Without Shukaku and Matatabi, they could not seal the other Bijuus. This meant that they had to recover those two first then they could seal the others. This meant that they had to keep the captured Jinchuriki in lockdown until the other Jinchuriki are captured.

This of course would slow things down. Kumogakure would surely keep thing s tight up since their Jinchuriki was almost captured. Thanks to Naruto they had failed to the two-tails. And they had also lost two useful members. They had also lost Uchiha Itachi. This meant that three members were down, plus the other two who were killed in their attempt to get the one-tail. Five members now were already down. This put them low of members. But it was not that he alone could not head to other villages and capture the other Jinchuriki. Yes, if he wanted things to be done, he would have to do things himself.

He was the God of Amegakure, the God of peace, nothing was impossible for him.

''Nagato,'' Konan called out to him from inside.

Tendou turned around to look at her for a moment before going back inside. ''What is it?'' before Konan could reply, he had already sensed another presence in the room. He looked at the man in a mask standing still without care in the world. His lone Sharingan eye looking straight at his Rinnegan, lazily, as if he were bored to be even in this place.

''Did you succeed on your mission?'' Tendou asked looking straight at the man. The man did not look like he had even been in a battle or even want to be here. It always annoyed him how the man carried himself around him like he owned everything.

''I could have succeeded,'' Tobi replied simply in a tone slightly dark. ''But when I learned that Hidan and Kakuzu failed I decided against completing the task. It would not have done any good without the two-tails and one-tail sealed first.''

Tendou nodded. It was understandable since they could not keep all the Jinchuriki in one place. It was good that they let 'em play while they solved some troubling issues. ''We will have to collect the other Jinchuriki though - the one-tail and two-tail. I will head to Suna within a week to collect the one-tail,'' he stated calmly.

While the men spoke, Konan remained quite. She was listening and taking into consideration everything that was being said. She was just not going to say anything until she was alone with Nagato, himself, not his one of his paths. Right now, it was best to look at Madara and check his reactions on everything he says and how he reacts to what Nagato says.

''That would be a good thing. But right now, we have to halt our current plans and deal with a problem that can no longer be ignored,'' Tobi stated looking outside the tower, no longer looking at Tendou.

Nagato knew the problem that could no longer be ignored. ''I assume you are talking about Uchiha Naruto,'' he stated, never taking his eyes off the man despite him no longer looking towards him.

Tobi nodded slightly. ''He is becoming quite a problem to our plans. With him still alive, he will keep standing in the way of peace. We need to take care of him before anything else.''

Nagato nodded. ''What of the Kyuubi? It is no longer sealed within him,'' that was a stupid question. He could get the information using the Rinnegan. There was nothing that could be hidden from the Rinnegan's mind reading abilities.