Chapter 43

''The great Emperor who never sets a foot outside the comfort of his humble palace,'' Yugao started in a tone dripping with mild sarcasm - she was walking into the throne room, alone.

''Yugao,'' Naruto acknowledged the woman's presence, but took no interest in her sarcastic remark as he had grown accustomed to hearing such things from other people. On a 'good' day, even he let loose of a streak of sarcastic remarks. Today, this woman beat him to the flag, but he minded it not since there was no harm done. ''What brings you here?''

''Now I need a reason to be here?'' Naruto merely gave the woman a blank stare. Every time she came here, it was always on some matter. She never just came here just to see his health or to amuse him. Of course with a record like that, it was only natural that he ask what reason had brought her before him. ''You're actually a manipulative person, aren't you, Naruto?''

''Hmm?'' Naruto arched a brow at the question, more like a statement really. No one had ever come to him and said those words so bluntly, so he was a little surprised to hear them from Yugao of all people who knew him. ''What gives you the idea, Yugao?''

''Why don't you do anything about the impending issue, Naruto?''

The situation with other nations wasn't all that smiles towards his Empire, and yet he didn't do anything about the matter. He had specifically ordered Heisuke not to strengthen or prepare their forces for war, but to continue training and living as though they would be no war to fight. He didn't go outside the country to defuse the flames that were starting out because of the growth of the kingdom. Surely, since it was his empire, he should have a say or do something to defuse the situation. But he did nothing, except to sit around the throne for most time of the day.

She didn't understand why he did something like that at first; she thought it was no different than him being hidden inside his sky palace, out of everyone's reach. At least while up there, no one would even attempt to assassinate him as they couldn't reach him. But in here, it opened opportunities for his death; even so, he did nothing to show the world that he was still that same man who could destroy an army in a matter of seconds. He was still powerful, but he acted like he'd grown weak, giving his enemies a false hope.

''Gaara, Mei and Guren are handling it, why should I take their job?'' He had assigned the three to handle the situation outside the empire, so it was only natural for the three to be focused on settling things than him doing their job. ''You know very well that Gaara and Mei put all their efforts in the matter.''

Yugao didn't deny it, but did note that he didn't say anything about Nagato, who was also a vital part of the Empire. It wasn't a mistake on his part and it was as he said it - only Mei and Gaara put all efforts in changing the situation in the outside, without getting any help from his Imperial Majesty. He allowed them to do what they wanted, offering nothing to help, but only putting his input where asked. She recognized that Nagato wasn't putting all stops in helping the situation - his efforts were spent in the Rain country.

''Yes that is true, but failure has been their achievement in the past years and you've yet to play your part in anything. Tell me, are you simply waiting for the kind of situation that you can impose yourself?'' Yugao waited expectedly, for a few moments until Naruto offered his response.

''Wouldn't you agree that sending Mei and Gaara to do the talking is the best option? I have little patience in dealing with ignorant fools and I'm not actually suited for diplomatic and politics; my role is more of a warrior than a smooth talker,'' he preferred actions more than words. So far his actions didn't say he wanted to pick a fight with any nations, but wanted to rest in peace within his palace. There wasn't even an underlying plot within the walls of his palace. The actions spoke a clear message and his words were already delivered.