Prologue: A chance for revenge

Adrien POV

4 months have passed ever since our defeat. Talon is dead and the rest of us are back in prison without payroll, no thanks to Marinette and her friends. We were so close to our goal, but they had to intervene and fight back. While Ladybug and the others are hailed as heroes, Lila and I are imprisoned like the thugs we are.

"If there is a chance I can get rid of Marinette, I'd take it." I heard Lila mutter as we ate our food during dinner.

I didn't reply, but I couldn't agree more. If there is a chance we can have our revenge, we would take it in a heartbeat.

"Adrien Agreste. You have a visitor." A guard called.

I left the table and followed the guard to the visitor room. A boy dressed in all black sat on a chair, reading a newspaper showing Ladybug and Shadow Jaguar, making my blood boil with rage.

"What do you want?" I asked as I sat down.

The boy placed the newspaper on the table and met my gaze. He has dark blue hair, sea green eyes and a peach complexion. On his ear lobs were a pair of ear cuffs similar to Isaac's but have a black spider gem instead of a red one.

"You must be the infamous Adrien Agreste. The son of Gabriel Agreste. Formally known as Chat Noir." The boy said.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"My name is Sebastian Talon Hastings. The son of Conner Talon." He said.

My head spun as I heard his name.

"Talon? You mean-?" 

"Yes. Talon was my father. He was killed by Crimson Web. AKA, Isaac Jones. The same person who killed your father, yes?" Sebastian answered.

I nodded bitterly.

"If I had my miraculous now, I'd claw him to death and everyone he holds dearly." I said, clenching my fist.

Sebastian nodded and handed me a package. I picked it up and stared at him with confusion.

"What's in the package?" I asked him.

"A gift and the sign you are part of the team. I've recruited all of Crimson Web's old enemies who wanted to have some much needed payback." He replied.

"Team? What team?" I asked.

"You'll see. In a few hours, you'll be released. Don't worry about the warden. I managed to bribe him into releasing you and Lila. You should thank your assistant, Nathalie. The cameras are even switched off, so no one knows about this conversation except you and I. " He said.  

My eyes widened as he stood up and left the room.

"By the way, we'll work on setting a new identity for you so that the police won't have to monitor your every move. Same with Lila." He said without looking back.

After the visit, Lila and I were told we were free to go. We changed our clothes and left the institute with a black van waiting for us outside. Next the van stood Nathalie and Sebastian, who told us to open our packages. We did and found a silver ring with a black cat symbol and a necklace with a black and white fox tail.

"So? Are you in?" He asked.

Lila and I exchanged looks and nodded.

"Yeah. We're in."