Chapter 19: Snapped

Isaac POV

As I fought through the waves of thugs and defeated Electrocutioner, I made my way to Weaver, who was standing on the roof of a building, holding Jackie hostage. His claws aimed for her throat. 

"Nice suit. Decided to change after I endangered you precious kwami." He taunted.

"Let her go, Sebastian. This is between you and me." I replied as I stepped towards him.

"Yes. This is between you and me. It's fair that you kill my father after he murdered your parents and ruined your childhood." He said bitterly as he brushed his claw against Jackie's throat.

"Don't worry about me, Kiddo. Just get him!" Jackie shouted.

I gritted my teeth behind my half mask. Beads of sweat emerged on my forehead and trickled down my neck. My hands gripped onto my rope dart.

"Why so jumpy, Crimson? Is is because of this girl? She means a lot to you?" He asked.

"More than you would ever know." I replied bitterly.

"So did my father. So what he was a crook. So what he killed people. So what he assisted world domination. He was the only family I had left ever since my mother died. And you took him away. Because he killed your pathetic parents." He said as he squeezed his claws into Jackie's neck, making her wince in pain.

"Don't do this! This has nothing to do with her!" I shouted, pleading with him.

"This has everything to do with her!" Weaver shouted.

"LET HER GO!" I roared, unsheathing my rope dart.

"No. I think you deserve to suffer. Let's see how you feel as you watch someone close to you die right in front of you." He said with a smile.

Before I could react, Weaver slashed his claws across Jackie's throat, cutting it as deep as he could. 

"NO!" I cried as I ran towards her. Jackie clutched her throat, trying to stop the blood. I used my chi to try to heal the wound, but the cut was to deep and the wound is fatal.

"No no no no! Jackie! Please, don't leave me!" I begged as I clutched her hand.

"I-Isaac." She croaked as she pulled down my mask and touched my cheek.

"Your parents would be proud of you. As am I. I know that we had our ups and downs. But those last 13 years of  me raising you were the best years of my life. Live on and protect those who can't defend themselves. I will be with you always as will your parents and Master Kang." She said with a smile.

"Jackie. I-." I sobbed.

"I love you." She said and lay still. Her hand felt cold. I clutched Jackie's body, sobbing my eyes out.

"That felt good." Weaver chuckled, wiping the blood from his claws. I lay Jackie's body onto the ground and stood up, glaring at Weaver. He met my gaze and smiled.

"Going to take me in?" He asked.

"No. I'm going to kill you myself." I growled.

"Come give it a try." Weaver chuckled and unsheathed his claws.

We darted towards each other and traded punches, kicks and blade swipes as we fought on the rooftops. I dodged Weaver's claw and punched him square in the jaw, knocking out a tooth. He chuckled and slashed his claw at my stomach after dodging a flying knee to the face. As I stumbled backwards, he stabbed my shoulder, causing me to scream in pain.

"Music to my ears. An it will be the last sound you'll make." Weaver chuckled. I growled and headbutted him, breaking his nose. 

As he stumbled backwards, I launched my rope dart at his chest and pulled him towards me. As soon as he got close, I threw a punch across his jaw, knocking him to the ground. I tried to stomp on him, but he rolled to the side and fired a web at my face, blinding me. Before I could recover, Weaver kicked me onto the ground. I rolled back onto my feet and launched my rope dart again at him.

"Predictable." He chuckled as he caught my rope dart and removed the dart. I darted towards him and threw a punch at him. He dodged and stabbed the dart into my stomach. However, the pain was dulled by my anger. I kneed him in the stomach and punched him again in the face. Weaver swiped his claw at me again, but I dodged with a backward handspring, kicking his gauntlet out of his hand. He tried to attack me again, but I dodge it and broke his arm by twisting it.

He yelled in pain as he clutched his arm. I ignored him and grabbed him into clinch hold. He tried to escape, but I kept holding on. I brutally kneed him in the stomach a few times before launching another to his face, reeling him backwards. Weaver tried to swing again at me, but I dodged, grabbed his other arm and snapped it in half, breaking it. 

He stumbled away from me with both arms broken. Without any hesitation, I kicked him in the shin, forcing him to kneel, and punched him in the face over and over again. My fists bled as they cracked his mask and face. The pain flared in my stomach from the stab wound, but I didn't care. After I punched him one last time, I pulled out the dart in my stomach and stabbed him in the knee.

"Alright. You made your point. I'm sorry." Weaver begged.

"No. I'm not done with you yet." I growled as I picked up his gauntlet and unsheathed the blade. Using one hand to hold him down, I used the other to aim the gauntlet above his head. 

"Look deep into my eyes and breathe in as much air as you can. You're going to need it when I send you to hell." I snarled as Weaver struggled.

Before I had a chance to finish him off, a hand stopped me. I looked back and saw Cassie holding my arm, shaking her head.

"Isaac, he's had enough. You can let him go." Marinette said.

I looked back at Weaver and then back at him.

"After what he's done!? Prison is to good for him. He deserves to die." I said.

"I thought the same way when I almost killed Adrien. Please, Isaac. This isn't why we were given the miraculous. We don't go around killing criminals. Not even Hawkmoth after everything he's done." Marinette said.

I looked back at Weaver and then at the bladed gauntlet in my hands. The reflection showed my eyes burning with rage. 

"Please, Spider Zack. Don't make this another thing you'll regret." Cassie begged.

"Listen to reason, Icarus." Malik added.

My head spun with decisions.

Kill him!

Spare him!

He killed Jackie!

Jackie wouldn't want any of this. She would never want you to kill.

What happened with Talon wasn't your fault.

He deserved to die! Just like his son!

"What are you waiting for? Do it. Show the world who you truly are." Weaver goaded.

That's when I realised that what I'm doing is wrong. My master intrusted me with the Red Spider miraculous to protect  others and defeat those who harm the innocent, not kill them. I shook my head.

"No. Killing you won't bring Jackie back." I replied and tossed aside the gauntlet, releasing Weaver.

"What are you doing!? Hurry up and finish me!" He shouted.

"Just shut up." I growled and punched him in the jaw, knocking him out.

"You did the right thing, Ike." Marinette said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded in response. Suddenly, a blast knocked us off the roof, causing us to crash onto the street. I looked up and saw a hooded figure wearing the Moth miraculous attire. Next to him was a girl around our age in the Peacock miraculous attire. She hoisted the unconscious Weaver onto her shoulder.

"STOP!" Cassie shouted as she lashed out her whip towards them. The figures vanished before we could react. 

"Who the hell was that!?" Malik shouted.

"No idea. But something tells us that we'll be seeing them again real soon." Chloe said.

"First, we need to undo the damage done by them." Marinette said as she held up the bullfighting cloak.

With a nod, she tossed it up into the air and shouted,

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"