Chapter 13: Isaac's shock

Isaac POV

"See you at school, Ise." Stacy called as I left to go to the hospital to pick up Jackie.

While I walked along the street, I thought back to what happened with Stacy and I. We didn't do much apart from talking and the one sided make out she tried to do with me. Thankfully, her sister came in before we could start.

"Persephone's had a history of bad friends and relationships. She tends to move from one guy to the next. But, her feelings for you were real. Had it not been for Malik, she would've stayed with you. And not intervene with your love life. But, I already know this relationship isn't going to last." Her sister told me after I admitted that I still had feelings for Cassie, even if she broke up with me with little to no reason.

I tugged up my hood as I felt the rain drops tap onto my head. After a while, I arrived at the hospital and made my way to the waiting room.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate. I took it out of my pocket and saw the Ladybug logo.

"A group chat in 2 minutes?" I muttered.

"Mr Isaac Jones. Jaqueline Quinn is here for you." The receptionist called.

"On my way." I said as I pocketed my phone and went to meet up with Jackie. She pulled me into a hug and patted my hair. She had bandages on her head and her right arm was in a sling.

"Sorry if I made you worried." She said.

"I should be apologising for not saving you. If something happened to you, I-." I whimpered.

"I'm tougher than I look, Kiddo." She said with a confident smile.

My phone vibrated again. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the screen.

1 minute until group chat. Just my luck.

"I need to take this. Can you wait for me?" I said.

"Sure. If it's important." Jackie said.

I thanked her and entered the group chat.

Webmaster: This better be important.  😒

Scorpion Queen: Believe me. It is.

Webmaster: Cas!?  😲

Maribug: Yeah. I was shocked when I saw her. 

Emerald Serpent: She says she wants to tell us something.

Red Fox: If it involves a reason why you gave us the cold shoulder, then I'm interested.

Scorpion Queen: For all it's worth. I'm sorry. 😔

Jade Turtle: Ok, dudette. What's your mind?

Scorpion Queen: Take a listen to this.

An audio file was uploaded onto the chat. I clicked on it and heard the conversation between Antony and Lola, only to find out it's none other than Adrien and Lila. The real Antony and Lola are imprisoned by Weaver, who bribed the prison warden into freeing them. I even found out that Stacy even blackmailed Cassie using her alter ego as Scorpia, which Adrien and Lila had a hand in. After the audio file ended, I felt a huge amount of weight on my hands, almost causing me to drop my phone.

Bat of The Night: Whoa. I didn't think she was capable of blackmailing.

Webmaster: You and me both. I can't believe I almost fell for her charms. I'm such an idiot.

Maribug: It wasn't your fault, Ike. We all believed that she would turn a new leaf.

Scorpion Queen: Well, guess that means my secret's out. Also, I'm telling my brother. He's been asking me why I haven't been talking to Isaac for a while.

Emerald Serpent: Well, thanks for telling us.

The Queen: I think blackmailing is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. 😤

Webmaster: Speaking from experience, Chloe? 😏

The Queen: 😡

All: LOL! 🤣

Webmaster: I'd better go. Stacy's expecting me to walk her to school.

Maribug: Geez. GL. Bug out.

*Maribug has left the chat*

Emerald Snake: I'd better go too.

Red Fox: Same here.

Jade Turtle: Ditto.

Bat of The Night: Peace! ✌😁

The Queen: Bye.

*Emerald Snake, Red Fox, Jade Turtle, The Queen and Bat of The Night have left the chat*

Scorpion Queen: I'd better go too.

Webmaster: Same here. I love you. Even after what happened between us, I love you.😘

Scorpion Queen: Cheesy dork. I love you too. 😘

*Scorpion Queen has left the chat*

I sighed and pocketed my phone.

"Well, that went well." Jackie said, looking over my shoulder.

"When the hell did you get here!?" I exclaimed, jumping back.

"Just now. I knew that girl, Stacy was trouble." She said.

"It's going to be hell when her secret gets out." I sighed.

"We'll manage. Eh, Crimson Web?" She said, elbowing me.

"Right." I replied, touching my empty ear lobs and thinking about Arachne.