Chapter 9: A spider's dismay

Marinette POV

Isaac has been feeling down lately and he wouldn't tell us why. Every time we visit his house, his guardian Jackie would say he's not feeling well or he went to the gym or he's asleep. It's pretty clear that she knows why Isaac's been acting like this.

Three weeks have passed and Isaac's attitude hasn't changed, to the point Malik suggested to corner  him and get some answers, which sounds more like an interrogation for police officers. During lunch, we found Isaac listening to some music on his MP3 Player.

"What's up?" He asked glumly.

"Ok, man. Out with it. Why are you down in the dumps?" Nino asked.

"None of your business." He replied bitterly.

"We're making it our business, Icarus." Malik countered.

"What Malik is trying to say is that we're worried about you and we just want to see if you're ok." I said.

The red head sighed and looked at us in the eye.

"I appreciate you looking out for me, guys. Truly I do. But right now, I just want to be by myself right now. So, if you don't mind. I'm going back to my music." He said and pulled on his headphones.

An irritated Chloe yanked them of Isaac's head.

"Hey, give them back!" He shouted, reaching for his headphones.

"Not until you tell us, Red Spider. You tell us, then we'll leave." She said.

Isaac sighed and slumped in his seat.

"Fine. Cassie broke up with me." He said.

"WHAT!?" We cried.

"Hey, quiet in the library or I'll get the librarian on you." A student called in a loud whisper.

"Sorry." I replied.

"Why did Cassandra break up with you?" Malik asked.

"I don't know."  He replied.

We looked at Arachne, who shrugged in confusion. 

"Ok. Seriously, why did she break up with you? Did you get into a fight?" Chloe asked.

"I told you, I don't know." Isaac replied, his eyes slowly changing from black to red.

"Look, you guys are just annoying him. Just leave him alone." A voice called.

We looked back and saw Persephone in a white t-shirt, a dark blue drop shoulder hoodie, black jeans and black and white sneakers. Her blonde hair was shoulder length.

"We were just talking." Zoe said.

"More like harassing. Anyway, I need to talk to Isaac, so if you don't mind." She said.

"Actually, we do mind. After all the crap you pulled last time, I doubt we can let you near him, Dominatrix." Malik objected.

"I was akumatized." Said Persephone.

"Didn't see akumatized when you-." Chloe began.

"Enough. Fine, I'll go with you, Stacy." Isaac said.

We stared at Isaac in disbelief.

"You serious, bro?" Nino asked.

"Yeah. After all, I need a break from your crap." He said and got up from his chair, following Stacy.

Isaac POV

After I followed Stacy into a secluded room, I asked her what does she want with me. 

"I overheard that Cassie broke up with you and never told you why." She said.

"And what's it to you?" I asked.

She tucked a tuff of hair behind her ear and stepped closer to me.

"I want to say that I'm sorry for what I did to you back then. Before you and Cassie started dating. I know that I did some terrible things to you and my sister and I came clean and wanted to start again. So, after much thought and some talk with my new friends, Lola and Antony, I was wondering if we could start again?" She explained.

I gently pushed her back and shook my head.

"And why the hell should I accept your offer? After you started dating Malik behind my back. Hell, I bet you even slept with him." I replied bitterly.

"I'd say the same about you and Cassie. But, that ship sunk." She said.

I sighed and started to walk away.

"I know you're hurt. But, I can help you. If you'd let me." She said.

"Your help isn't needed." I retorted as I left.    

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. Stacy was hugging me tightly from behind. My heart started to ache as I thought back to the time Stacy and I used to date.

"I still love you. I mean it from the bottom of my heart." She said, resting her head on my shoulder.

Before I could answer, a scream caused us the jump. 

"I have to go." I said, freeing myself from her grasp and looking outside. I saw Weaver, Chat Blanc, Volpina, Shocker and Scorpion fighting Ladybug and the others.

"Arachne, webs out!" I called and swapped to Crimson Web. I looked back at Stacy and told her to stay inside.

"Ok." She said with a nod.

I closed the door and went to the exit to join the fight.