Chapter 2: Back to School and Faces both old and new

Isaac POV

During homeroom, everyone were talking and chatting among themselves about what they plan on doing during the summer holidays. Some went to visit family members abroad. Some went to spend some time indoors. Some went to find a summer job to earn some money.

As for me, I don't plan do much apart from going on dates with Cassie, hanging out with my friends, visiting Tyson Stone in his gym, playing video games with Jackie and going out on patrol during the night. Speaking of which, there wasn't much going on apart from the usual thugs in the night.

"Students. Welcome the last few weeks before the end of your summer term. I hope you all have a great summer. But now, we are back into the world of education. So, I expect you all to work hard to make a path to the future." Our Principal Mr Jones announced.

As he droned on, I noticed a familiar face sitting in the back row. A girl with blonde hair and bright pink highlights and bright green eyes. She wore a white shirt with a pink tie, black jeans and dark brown boots. One her head are a pair of sunglasses. Next to her were two students. A boy with hazel hair and grey eyes and a girl with dark brown hair and chestnut brown eyes.

"Oh shit. Persephone." I muttered.

Before she could look back at me, I looked away. What is she doing here? I thought she was suspended and left France for good with her sister.

I shook my head and looked at Mr Jones.

"Hope you all have a great summer and take care of yourselves." He concluded. Everyone clapped as he left. 

After homeroom, I met up with the others.

"Hey, Ike. What's up?" Malik asked as he clapped my shoulder.

"Guys. I think I just saw Persephone." I said.

"Stacy? What does she want?" Chloe asked.

"Probably to you back." Cassie said bitterly.

"She can try but she'll fail. I also saw two new students in the back row." I said.

"Yeah. They're joining our class for the rest of this year. Said their names are Antony Smith and Lola McQueen." Alya said.

"Anyway, we'd better go to our next class before our teachers bite our heads off." Marinette said.

"Yeah, I don't want to start of the term on a bad note." Cassie said.

We made our way to our first class, Maths.