Chapter 18: Round 2

Marinette POV

"Stay safe, Mari!" My mother told me as Kagami and Juleka lead her and my father away from the group of thugs while I fought them alongside Luka, Chloe and Malik. 

Malik swung his staff at the group of thugs, knocking them to the ground. He used "Sonic shriek" to disorient them, allowing Chloe to use "Venom" to immobilise them. 

"They just keep coming!" Luka panted as he used "Paw Strike" to knock a group of thugs away from us.

"We have to keep fighting back no matter what! Paris is counting on us!" I called back as I swung my yo-yo around, knocking back the group of thugs.

"Well then. May Paris mourn you, Milady." A voice called. 

We looked up and saw Adrien along with Lila, Scorpion and Rhino. His outfit was changed into a purple and violet jumpsuit with purple claws and jet black boots with steal tipped toes. His tail also matches his jumpsuit and his eyes were purple instead of green. 

Lila was dressed similar to Anti-Bug, but hers was white with black spots

Lila was dressed similar to Anti-Bug, but hers was white with black spots. On her chest was a black ladybug symbol with a ban logo in front of it.

"Say hello to Shadow Claw and Lady Venom." She said with a smirk.

"How? How did you-?" Luka gasped.

"You can thank our good friend Weaver for that." Shadow Claw said with a smirk.

"We'll handle Scorpion and Rhino." Chloe said. Malik nodded as he followed Chloe.

"Round 2, Milady?" Shadow Claw taunted.

"I'm not your lady anymore. I never was yours." I replied bitterly.

Shadow Claw darted towards me and slashed his claw across my cheek before I could react, knocking me backwards. Luka tried to step in to help, but was blocked by Lady Venom.

"Mind if I cut in?" She asked as she swung her swordf at him, forcing him back.

I got up and dodged another claw swipe aimed at me. Shadow Claw licked his lips and repeatedly slashed the air with his claws while I kept dodging each blow aimed for me. I managed to grab his wrist and throw him over my shoulder. Shadow Claw recovered and swept kicked my shin, knocking me to the ground.

"What's wrong, Milady? Has fear gripped your heart?" He taunted coldly as I got up from the ground. I responded my unleashing my yo-yo staff and swung it at Shadow Claw, who blocked with his scythe.

Luka POV

I rolled out of the way as Lady Venom launched another Ladybug shaped projectile at me and extended my staff to knock her off balance, only for her to catch my staff and spin me around a few times and threw me into a building. I felt my ribs and spine crack as I crashed onto the ground. I got up and cracked my neck and back before glaring at Lila.