♡ Chapter 13 ♡

I'm sorry this is so late, I've been having trouble writing this story the way it is in my head, if that makes sense. I hope you like this chapter :)

By the time Zaria was paying for the milkshakes and they were ready to leave, the two had adjusted to the whole being friends thing so well that you'd think they'd been friends for years. It was as if everything else was forgotten and there was only them and the chemistry they had building up.

"What is this place?" Aubreyanne asked looking at the building in front of them through the car windshield. it was a light beige color, with tons of windows and a glass dome over the top, but built high enough that you couldn't see into the dome from the outside.

Zaria took her bag and got out of the car. "You'll see" She smiled shutting the door, and Aubreyanne followed in suit as they walked up to the building.

"I know you said you're not a fan of the cold, but I hope you don't mind some more," Zaria said as they walked through the lobby and into the elevator.

"I'd say I already had my fair share after the milkshakes" Aubreyanne chuckled as the small metal contraption came to a halt and the doors slid open. Zaria led her into another lobby-like room. There was a front desk with rows of skates of all shapes and sizes behind it. Few people littered the room. a couple, a mother and her kids, and a group of teenagers. all either taking skates off or putting them on.

The woman behind the counter greeted them enthusiastically with a smile which Zaria gladly returned and as she handled everything Aubreyanne looked around to observe the room with her hands crossed.

She only stopped to answer when Zaria asked her shoe size. Zaria handed Aubreyanne a pair and held her own in her other hand as Aubreyanne turned to her. "Ice skating?" She asked as they walked away from the front desk.

Zaria shrugged, leading the way through the double doors. goosebumps coated Aubreyannes skin, especially her arms and back which were the most exposed. Same for Zaria, but she either didn't notice or acknowledge the cold.

The room was decorated in a light baby blue color mostly with a few dark shades around, there were paintings of penguins, polar bears, and igloo's around the walls, and the dome she'd seen earlier was directly above the rink allowing them to peer up at the sky.

"it'll be fun" Zaria chuckled as they settled on one of the benches around the rink to put on their skates. it took a moment for them to both get situated and tie their laces.

AUbreyanne tried to stand but wobbled, and immediately grabbed the side of the rink for support as Zaria led the way onto the ice. Aubreyanne watched as Zaria seemed to immediately relax the second her skates met the ice.

"Need help?" Zaria offered.

Aubreyanne scoffed, pushing herself over the edge of the rink and slowly onto the ice. Her stubbornness and determination were free entertainment to Zaria who watched with an amused grin.

She received a scowl and glare from Aubreyanne but it only lasted a moment as she quickly lost her balance. Zaria skated forward with her hands out in panic, but Aubreyanne managed to catch herself using the edge for support. Zaria couldn't help it and let out a small laugh.

"Don't you dare laugh Regan! We may be friends right now, but I still have the power to fire you first thing Monday" Aubreyanne snapped, despite the seriousness in her tone, her expression made it clear she was only joking.

"Fine" Zaria said stifling her laughter. "I can help you learn the basics until you get them," Zaria skated over and lifted Aubreyanne's hand from the rink edge.