♡ Chapter 28 ♡

"you're all packed?" Aubreyanne asked as she followed Zaria into the apartment. Since it was furnished it looked the same, but without all the plants and pictures around it somehow felt empty.

"Yea. I just got back yesterday and finished the last of my packing" Zaria said. Since she finished working she'd spent the week at her brother's, spending time with them before she left. Now she'd come to finish up packing and head for the airport.

Aubreyanne slowly nodded as her eyes scanned over the naked walls of the apartment. Her eyes trailed back to Zaria who was watching her. Zaria's lips were pressed together in a tight smile and her hair was held back in a loose ponytail. Her focused gaze made it obvious she was trying to ask what Aubreyanne was thinking.

"What time is your flight?" Aubreyanne asked after a moment.

"Technically it's tomorrow," Zaria said. "it's at two am...I'm free the whole day through" She said as if understanding the real intent behind Aubreyanne's question.

"Perfect, because I've planned it all out" Aubreyanne smiled taking out her phone. She unlocked it and looked for something before handing it to Zaria.

"You did not plan the entire day in your notes" Zaria chuckled in disbelief as she scanned over the list.

"I didn't know how long you'd be here but we can try to get most of it done" Aubrey offered, causing Zaria to smile.

She took a quick shower and changed into some of the clothes she'd put in her suitcase. Then found herself in the passenger seat of Aubreyanne's car. hers already having been sold.

Aubreyanne took her to the same milkshake bar they'd gone to the first time they hang out. They ordered the exact same things for the fun of it and had a blast talking about anything. it was like they never run out of things to say to each other.

They talked over the milkshakes. then they went around the mall and stopped by the arcade and spend hours trying to get enough tickets for the biggest stuffed animal. They laughed more as they stopped for lunch at a fast-food restaurant then Zaria forced Aubreyanne to go ice skating with her once more and actually won the race this time. Then as the sun began to set, they found themselves eating ice cream at the park, on the bench they'd sat at that night.

Aubrey's phone rang causing her to sigh but since it was Andrew she picked up as Zaria had encouraged her to do. Zaria watched her press the phone to her ear. As she talked her eyebrows furrowed and she frowned. Clearly, her and Andrew were having some misunderstanding and it sounded like Aubreyanne was upset.

"Today?" Aubrey asked. "Can i just not?" There was more talking from Andrew before Aubreyanne sight. "that old man won't notice if I'm not there for one event> remind me to never confirm I'll be attending an event until the actual day"

Zaria leaned forward coming into Aubreyanne's line of view. She mouthed. "What is it?"

Aubreyanne told Andrew to hold on and pulled the phone away from her ear. "It's nothing. Just some gala I was supposed to go to, invitations were sent out months ago so I forgot about i"

"I feel like going for one last rich people event," Zaria said, she really didn't want Aubreyanne to cancel and mess things up because of her, and she meant what she said.

"Really? You?" Aubreyanne asked giving her a skeptical look.

"yes. I mean I don't know if I'll make any rich friends in Senegal So I better enjoy it while it lasts" She chuckled.

Aubreyanne looked at her for a moment and then nodded, bringing the phone back to her ear. "Yea I'll be there. Inform them I'm bringing a plus one"

When she hung up Zaria "I can't believe you sometimes Regan. You're way too nice of a person" She chuckled. Zaria just smiled at her as they got up to go get ready at Aubreyanne's place to get ready. 

~ ~ ~ ~

"Does it fit?" Aubreyanne asked standing outside the bedroom door. They'd both done their makeup then Aubreyanne fished out two of her gowns and handed one to Zaria for her to try as she also got changed. 

"Yea. hold on" Zaria opened the door and Aubreyanne looked over at her. Both of them had the same through the moment they looked at the other. She looks so beautiful.

Zaria turned around, her face turning a light red. "Can you help me with the rest of the zipper?" She asked moving her hair aside. Aubreyanne quickly helped her zip it up all the way then smiled. 

"It looks nice on you," Aubreyanne said once Zaria turned around to face her once more.  Zaria smiled softly. "You look really amazing too, but at this point I feel like it's pointless to say since you're always so flawless" She said in a slightly teasing tone causing Aubreyanne to blush and turn away.

"Come on, the drivers here and were gonna be late" He mumbled trying to calm her beating urge. She couldn't explain why her urge to kiss Zaria got strong every day, it was getting stressful.