♡ Chapter 22 ♡

Zaria felt guilt pull in her gut as her thumb hovered over the call button. She knew Aubreyanne would probably understand why she had to cancel but she still felt bad. She pressed the phone to her ear, the ringing making her more nervous.

"Hey, Zaria. Is it time already?" Aurbeyanne asked once she picked up the phone. "I'm still finishing up on some documents. Guess I lost track of time"

Zaria bit her lip nervously. "No...I uh I'm gonna have to raincheck. Sorry" She mumbled. "I had promised to babysit for my friend while he and his husband went out of town for the weekend and I just forgot it was this weekend. And I did want to spend time with the kids since I've missed them so much"

"Oh, so what are you planning to do?"

Zaria shrugged. "I don't know. I was thinking of taking them around the city and maybe doing something fun"

"Well, why don't we all just go to the Amusement park together? It'll clear something off our list and I'm sure the kids will love it." Aubreyanne said. "Oh and I can bring Kathy too...it's been a while since I took her out"

"You don't mind being on babysitting duty?" She chuckled.

"Not at all," Aubreyanne said, and Zaria could hear the tapping of what she assumed was a pen. "I might enjoy it too"

"Alright, so we meet at the park at about three?"

"Sure. I'll see you there Regan" Aubreyanne chuckled before the line went dead and Zaria sat with a smile on her face and a giddy feeling in her gut.

Since it was Enzo's birthday Liam surprised him with a weekend trip and both Zaria and Zach had agreed to take care of the kids so they could enjoy themselves. The kids were coming into town with Zach and Madi and they'd be staying at a hotel since they all wouldn't fit in her apartment.

She'd promised to take the kids to hang out since she'd missed them so much and she would never have canceled on them, not when they called her that morning sounding so excited.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Madi asked worriedly as she watched all of them pile into Zaria's car.

Zara nodded. "Yea we'll just be over at the amusement park. Plus Alex and Olivia are old enough that I don't need to have an eye on them constantly"

Madi just gave ger a deadpan look and glanced over at the two teens. Alex sat in the passenger seat, Olivia shouting at him while she tried to pull the locked door open. Ethan and Eli the two toddlers were just talking about something in the back seat, paying no mind to them.

"Well to some degree" Zaria chuckled. "Plus I have a friend meeting us there"

"If you need anything or feel overwhelmed Zach and I are at the hotel the entire day," She said before bidding them all goodbye and they left soon after Oliva reluctantly settled in the back seat next to Eli and Ethan.

When they arrived Aubreyanne stood at the entrance with Kathy. Zaria spotted her with a smile and led them over.

"When you said kids I wasn't expecting this many" Aurbeyanne chuckled. "But it's nice to meet your beloved nieces and nephews"

Zaria rolled her eyes at her. "Yea...oh yea let me give some quick introductions," She said happily. "This is Alex. Liam and Enzo's oldest son" She said pointing to the light blond boy who just offered a polite smile. Zaria turned her thumb to the lively redhead beside her. "His sister-"

"Olivia. I'm thirteen. Nice to meet you. You're very pretty" Olivia said excitedly and Aubreyanne couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's straightforwardness.