♡ Chapter 27♡

"Liam. I'm being serious" Zaria groaned as she threw her head back on the couch. 

"And so am I" Liam sighed turning to her. "It's not rocket science Zar" 

She rolled her eyes at him but didn't respond as she let her thoughts engulf her. The blond dropped down on the couch beside her causing her to groan once more and look up at him. 

"Tell her how you feel," he said.

"It's not that simple" Zaria muttered, sitting up. "What if I do tell her and she doesn't like me back?" 

"From what I've heard she most likely does," Liam said rolling his eyes. "Take it from me. You'd rather just sit her down and tell her than most of the other routes. You can only keep feeling suppressed for so long.

Zaria glanced at him, seeing regret in his eyes. it was evident he still felt a little guilty about what happened with his husband years ago. She bit her lip and nodded. She could do this. the next week would be her last week working there so if it went wrong at least she wouldn't be embarrassed. 

"I really really. Like Aubrey but...I just don't know. What if she doesn't like me? What if things end up like they did with Tobias? I don't think my heart could take that. Or What if-"

"Zar" Liam cut her off. "Don't overthink. And I know it sounds super hypocritical coming from me but sometimes you just have to risk putting your walls down and follow your heart. Love always comes hand in hand with pain you just have to find someone it's worth for, but also someone who tries their best to only give you the better side of the coin."

Zaria furrowed her eyebrows as she thought. Was Aubrey what her heart truly wanted? and was she worth the risk?

"You know what. I'm gonna go before I overthink and talk myself out of it She said getting up. Liam shouted goodbye and something about meeting up with Zach so she just made a mental note to call her brother. 

~ ~ ~ ~

Much to Zaria's disappointment Aubreyanne didn't pick up any of her calls. And she was about to head back to her apartment when she got a text from Serena and ended up on the college campus a few miles away. She got a chance to meet all of Serena's friends and tour the campus before most of them had to go off to their afternoon classes. 

So Zaria found herself finally heading back two hours later. When she got up she spotted not one, but two people standing by her apartment door. She immediately rushed over to Aubreyanne's side.

"What's going on?" she asked gently taking hold of Aubrey's wrist as it would stop the woman from attacking the victim of her deadly glare.

"I just finished with a meeting and came over because I saw your calls and you didn't pick when I call back, but I run into him," She said glaring at Tobias. 

He instinctively raised his hands in defense. "I was just coming to talk," He said giving Zaria a pleading look.

Aubreyanne had to shut down her urge to tell him to get lost and turned to Zaria want to hear her answer. Zaria contemplated it for a moment before she sighed. "I wanted to talk to you too, I just couldn't reach you"

"Really? So you considered my offer?" Tobias asked, a spork of hope glistening all over his features but Aubreyanne felt her heart sink as she looked at Zaria in disbelief. 

Zaria only gave her a side glanced and redirected her attention to the apartment door. It was silent as she unlocked the door and Aubreyanne followed her in then Tobias at a safe distance. Aubrey had made it clear she wasn't leaving Zaria alone with him unless Zaria asked her to, but she did go into the kitchen with a warning if she heard Zaria shout at all he was finished.