Chapter 1: The Storm

My sister Poppyfrost is working with the corrupted spirits to destroy the lake front alliance for years now. She has been sneaking out of the base in the middle of the night to train with the corrupted spirits. Poppyfrost launched herself at me pinning me to the ground claws unseathed ready to dig into my gray fur but Batripple tackled her off of me, Ravenwind helped me up. We fought along side of our colony mates. We fought with all our might against the corrupted spirits and my sister Poppyfrost. My ear was tattered and stained with my own blood. Chervilberry, Duskwind, and Hollysong were fighting along side me and Batripple. Dad had a long scar on his chest from the corrupted spirit of Darkpath. I woke up in a cold sweat from the nightmare I just had. Batripple woke up with worry. "You okay Midnight?" Batripple asked. The rain began to fall in the empty clearing. I got up and peered out of the rangers den. Batripple joined me. "Midnight are you okay?" Batripple asked. "Yeah." I said. "I feel like your not telling me something. Are you truly okay?" Batripple asked. "I had another nightmare." I said as Batripple put her tail on my back. "What was it about?" Batripple asked. "In my nightmare I... um... we were fighting in a battle against the corrupted spirits, Poppyfrost was attacking me and you tackled her off of me. She left my left ear tattered and bloody. Ravenwind helped me up from the ground and that's when I woke up." I explained. "I love you Midnight and I will always." Batripple said. "Thanks Bat," I breathed. "I needed to hear that. Should we get something to eat?" I asked. Batripple and I walked into the pelting rain towards the fresh-kill pile. I picked up a large thrush and Batripple picked up a rather large adder. We headed back to the rangers den to eat. As I ate the thrush bits of it got caught in my throat and I began coughing to dislodge the piece that got caught in my throat. I began to chew it into smaller pieces and then swallowed the thrush. The pieces went down to my stomach. The sun was setting behind the trees in Oak colony's territory but the rain continues to pound down on the empty clearing. Ravenwind walked into the rangers den and over to me. "Midnightfur, I just talked to your father about me becoming a Envoy and about you training me." Ravenwind said. "And did my father say?" I asked. "He said that he would be watching the training with great interest." Ravenwind said. "That's great Ravenwind." I said as I hugged her. Batripple and I curled up in the nest. We fell asleep next to each other.