Chapter 9: The burial of Hollysong

Hollysong's lifeless body was laying limp in the middle of the clearing in front of the tall rock. I walked over to his body and licked his cheek. Sparkheather, Heavyheart, Pigeonwater, and Badgersplash walked over to me and my dead son. Sparkheather put her tail on my back. "Where do us to us bury him?" Sparkheather asked. I looked at Batripple and she walked over to me. "Since he liked to sit down bye the river. We should burry him there by our dead loved ones." I said. "That's a great idea Midnightfur." Badgersplash said. "Thanks Badgersplash." I said. "Your welcome Midnightbreeze, he was a great ranger for Field colony. He will be missed by his colony mates." Badgersplash said as tears rolled down my dark-grey fur. I started to cry and Batripple curled up next to me with her tail on my back in a way of comfort. "Thanks Batripple." I cried. "You are welcome Midnight." Batripple said. "Why did that badger have to kill our son?" I cried. "Shhhhhhhh... Midnight your okay. Badgersplash said that Hollysong will be missed by his colony including us, Duskwind and Chervilberry." Batripple explained. Batripple licked my cheek as Badgersplash and Heavyheart picked up my son's lifeless body. We walked out of the base and towards the small river flowing through our territory. We dug up the perfect sized whole to burry our son next to Falconsight's grave. I put a few feathers on the mound of dirt once we buried Hollysong. The four elders walked back to the base. "Can't believe that we lost our son." I said. "I know he had so much potential ahead of him." Batripple said. We walked back to the base. We walked over to the entrance of the rangers den. Batripple and I curled up in our nest.