Chapter 23: Three Days Till The Pre-war

Before I woke up the spirit of my dead son Hollysong appeared before me. "Hollysong, is that you?" I asked Hollysong. "Yes mom it is me. I miss you so much." Hollysong said. "I miss you too Hollysong, I wish you were here. Everyone misses your presence around the base." I said. "I miss everyone too but when the war comes I will be by your side with our ancestors." Hollysong said. "How's my mom doing?" I asked. "Grandma, oh she is concerned about what Poppyfrost is doing but very proud of your accomplishments." Hollysong said as I hugged my son. "It's only three days till the pre-war and your aunt Poppyfrost is going to try to kill me. I have a legacy to protect." I said. "Don't worry mom, I won't let aunt Poppyfrost kill you or mom, Chervilberry, and Duskwind without a fight. That's a promise." Hollysong said to me. "Thanks Hollysong." I said. "I got to get back to the sky with the ancestors, but remember that I will always be there for you and our family." Hollysong said. "Batripple and I love you Hollysong and your sisters equally." I said as Hollysong started to fade. "I know mom. Love you." Hollysong said. "Midnightbreeze." Dad said as I woke up. "Yeah dad?" I asked. "I got a important mission for you. Come." Dad said. "Okay dad." I said as I stretched out my legs and followed dad to his den. "I want you to get more information about the incoming attack of the corrupted spirits and find out what they're planning." Dad said. "Okay dad will do. I will find out what they are planning and report back you." I said as I walked out of dad's den. "Midnightbreeze where are you going?" Batripple asked. "My dad wants me to spy on the corrupted spirits again." I said as I sighed. "You are working yourself to the bone." Batripple said as Chervilberry and Duskwind walked over to us. "Yeah mom, mom is right about that you are working to the bone." Duskwind said. "Yeah my sister is right mom." Chervilberry said. "I know, but it's the job of the second in command to protect their colonies. I want to protect you from anything bad like the corrupted spirits attacking." I explained. "Could we join you?" Chervilberry asked. "If you promise to safe and not to be seen by their leaders Darkpath and Cloudclaw, they are dangerous." I said. "We promise." Duskwind said. We spied on the corrupted spirits and got back with more information about the incoming attack. We told him what we found and he was impressed with what we found. We walked to the rangers den and fell asleep.