Chapter 13: Poppyfrost's behavior

"About Poppyfrost's behavior." I said. "Yeah, what about it." Dad said. "On our way to the gathering tonight, she said that I was a mouse brain and fox hearted." I said as we walked into the base. "She has to stop making your life a nightmare. Poppyfrost come here." Dad summoned her. "Yeah dad." Poppyfrost said glaring at me. "Why are you doing this to your sister?" Dad asked Poppyfrost. "Because she's a stupid excuse of a colony cat and of second in command." Poppyfrost said as Dad put his paw on Poppyfrost's mouth. "Your behavior is unacceptable and this close to a war, who exactly are you working for?" Dad asked hissing. "I'm working with no one, okay dad." Poppyfrost hissed. "Midnightbreeze your free to go." Dad said. I walked out of dad's den. Batripple walked over to me. "Midnight, are you okay?" Batripple asked rubbing her head to mine. "I was being bullied by my own sister. I'm trying to be strong, for you, for our kids, for the colony, and for my dad." I cried. "Shhhhhhhh it's okay Midnight let it out." Batripple said as I hugged her. "Thanks Batripple." I said through my tears. "Poppyfrost, tell me who you are working for now!" Dad yelled at Poppyfrost. "Fine, I'm working with Darkpath and the corrupted spirits okay!" Poppyfrost hissed. "You've been been working with Darkpath and the corrupted spirits this whole time. You should be ashamed of yourself Poppyfrost, when the next moonlight gathering comes around you will stay behind understood." Dad hissed. "Understood dad." Poppyfrost said. "Good, now get out of my sight." Dad hissed at Poppyfrost as she left the den for her den. We walked into the rangers den and fell asleep. Batripple curled her tail around me. We slept till morning. The sun rose above the trees of the forest and it came streaming into the rangers den. I covered my eyes with one of my paws. Yesterday was eventful because my sister called me a mouse brain and fox hearted but I know that's not true. I stood up to my paws and walked out of the rangers den. I walked over to the fresh kill pile and picked up a large juicy thrush for breakfast. "Field colony gather around to hear my words." Dad announced from tall rock. I ate my breakfast and sat down next to my father Whiteclaw on the tall rock. "It comes to my attention that one of our ranks was working with Darkpath and the corrupted spirits this whole time." Dad announced as I looked at my sister. She had a worried expression that she was caught. "Poppyfrost step forward in front of your colony, your captain, and your second." Dad announced as Poppyfrost walked forward. "I gave you extra chances to change your attitude but I can't have a traitor as our herbalist. I hear by decree that from this moment forth your role will taken away from you, understand." Dad announced that Poppyfrost looked at her fidgeting paws. "Whatever dad, I won’t stop working with Darkpath and the corrupted spirits. Fawnsnow you with me?" Poppyfrost asked Fawnsnow. "You betrayed my trust Poppyfrost, I have no choice but not to remain friends with a traitor like you." Fawnsnow hissed. "Midnightbreeze your at fault for your son's death." Poppyfrost hissed at me. "We all know that Hollysong died with honor due to a badger attack. He was protecting us." Dad announced.