Chapter 11: The Day Leading up to the Moonlight Gathering

During the day today my daughter Duskwind was getting closer to a black and gray speckled molly. I walked over to them. "Good morning Duskwind and Flowerspeckle." I said as I sat down in front of them. "Morning Mom." Duskwind said. "Morning Midnightfur." Flowerspeckle said. "Mom." Duskwind said. "Yeah Duskwind." I said looking at my daughter. "Flowerspeckle and I are going to be mates, right Flowerspeckle?" Duskwind asked. "Yes Midnightbreeze we are." Flowerspeckle said. "Duskwind you are going to make your father and I very proud." I said as Batripple walked over to us. "Yeah Duskwind, your mother is right about that we will be proud of you." Batripple said. I turned my attention to Flowerspeckle. "Flowerspeckle I believe that your mother and father are going to be proud of you." I said. Fernlight and Berrycloud walked over to us and sat down. "Flowerspeckle me and your father will continue to be proud of you." Fernlight said. "Yes your mother is right Flowerspeckle we will be there for you." Berrycloud said. "Thanks dad." Flowerspeckle said. Dad walked up onto the rock in the middle of the clearing. "Cats of Field colony gather around to hear my words." Dad announced as I joined him up on the rock. The colony gathered beneath the tall rock. "As you all know that there is going to be a gathering tonight every cat is going. Midnightbreeze are the new claws ready to become rangers?" Dad asked. "Not yet well Cherry is ready to become a full herbalist." I said as I looked over at Cherry. "Very well, Cherry could you please step forward to receive your ranger name?" Dad announced as Cherry forward to receive her ranger name. "Cherry you have finished your training and you will be known as Cherrytail." Dad announced as the colony cheered for Cherrytail. "Cherrytail, Cherrytail, Cherrytail." The colony cheered. "We must prepare for the war in a few years. The Envoys including Midnightfur be there to answer any questions you may have." Dad announced. "My father is right, I will be there with the Envoys to answer any questions you may have for me, Driftthroat,Raccoongrass, and Boulderpath. Dad you may continue." I announced. "And with that colony dismissed until I summon you to head to the gathering." Dad announced as our strongest rangers gathered to get there assignments for today. "Like my father said at the colony meeting we need consistent border patrols, to keep River colony out of our territory." I said as Bramblestone spoke up. "I volunteer to go on border patrol." Bramblestone said. "Alright Bramblestone since you were my mentor, you will accompany me with my patrol." I announced as Bramblestone walked over to me and sat down. "Gather into groups by the patrol you want to go on." Raccoongrass said as the groups went to there patrols. I turned to face my patrol. "We have a long day of patrols, I will lead the patrol with Bramblestone and Duskwind you will be on our rear." I announced. "Yes ma'am." Duskwind said. After the patrols came back dad called us to go to the gathering.